B&B: Old/Classic Discussion & Articles

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

Finally finished with the episode guide for the vault! It took a lot longer than I thought it would and a TON of research, but I'm 95% sure I found all the correct air dates/episode #s. The only dates I'm not positive about are the 1987 Iran-Contra & 1995 OJ Simpson preemptions, and there were a few other dates between January - April, 1991 I had to do some educated guess work for. Thanks to @BoldRestless for links to the Bell script archive, ATWT & Y&R episode lists to compare against. Those were so much help!

For the "season info" column, I know everything from Season 18 on is correct from dates on the official B&B Youtube channel and Paramount+. For early seasons, another fan told me the season start date used to be the show's anniversary week in March vs the start date they use now at the end of September. As far as I could gather from the classic episodes on Paramount+, the earliest season we know of that started in September was season 11, and the last season with any confirmed dates available that started in March was season 9. So I wasn't sure which season (9 or 10) was supposed to be extended to September, but I went with season 10 for the sake of not leaving anything blank. Take this column with a grain of salt for now for anything before season 18.

The spreadsheet is divided by tabs at the bottom for each year. Tabs highlighted pink indicate a complete year in the vault with no missing episodes. Boxes can be clicked next to each episode to add check marks, and boxes for all episodes not checked will automatically be red so we can easily see at a glance what's still missing from the vault. There's also a drop down box for each episode to choose the quality of the video so if anyone has the same episode with better quality they'll know they can still share it. I got it up to date for all the English episodes in the vault as of today.

The finished product is attached to this post for anyone who wants a copy (or if someone wants to post it to the vault for everyone to share). It's an Excel file, so you need Microsoft Office to open on your computer, but it should be fine for the vault. I hope you guys find it useful!

Edited by JellyBean

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Ugh, sorry about that. I’ll try to share it a different way when I get home this afternoon. I would post it directly to the vault, but for some reason I can only download files and not upload to the drive. If nothing else works, I’m happy to email you a copy.

Edited by JellyBean

• Members

Thanks! Looks awesome.

I looked into the OJ dates a bit since you mentioned that... what I have tracks pretty well with yours, except there was a show on July 11, 1994

https://groups.google.com/g/rec.arts.tv.soaps/c/O-4q-J_fUSA/m/zZEeBzT-62MJ

https://groups.google.com/g/rec.arts.tv.soaps/c/bf0R8Orwig0/m/N3yidZqO8y0J

• Members

This is amazing!

So far everything looks great! I'll definitely look into seeing if anything needs to be edited, but it looks great! 

EDIT: Skimming through 1995. I have B&B as having aired Episodes on Tues-Thurs Jan 24-26, but preempted Mon Jan 23 and Fri Jan 27. and also Preempted on Jan 30. I also believe September 19, 1995 was preempted. Could be 9/20/95 though? 

I also have those Same Iran/Contra 1987 dates for Y&R so those are most likely correct!   

Edited by YRfan23

• Members

Thanks! I saw the 1995 preemptions listed that way on the Y&R list posted earlier, but the ATWT list only had Jan 24th preempted for "OJ Simpson opening statement [listed in Adirondack Daily Enterprise]." I wasn't sure which one to go with. The B&B imdb page lined up with the ATWT list there but also had the 26th preempted.

• Members

Hmm, not sure. 

There's some discussion here. B&B was preempted Jan 24, 1995.

https://groups.google.com/g/rec.arts.tv.soaps.cbs/c/SkPaEKVmXp0/m/KBp26F1h-4gJ

Looks like it did air Jan 25, but not at its usual time: https://groups.google.com/g/rec.arts.tv.soaps.cbs/c/U6vEEfN0m4E/m/uoPKPT8gX9kJ 

Edited by BoldRestless

• Members

Hmm..I totally missed that. So I guess it's possible it did air Monday Jan 23 and not Tuesday....It definitely said Y&R was preempted on 1/23/95 though right? 

I guess B&B could have aired Wed-Fri (1/25-1/27/95) 

Edited by YRfan23

• Members

Oh well, it's not like it hasn't already been released on DVD for a decade. Or like the fans haven't archived the first 1200 episodes on their own. 

They should just make whole seasons public as they upload.

• Members

It's possible they want to create a bit of a chat and anticipation where fans discuss each episode as they're released. I can already hear the screams of "NO SPOILERS"!!! They also may not want people to stop watching the current daily show when the classics are so good and they spend their time watching those instead!!! 

You can start right here in the Vault!! They're unlikely to be of better quality on YouTube initially...especially the first 250...

Edited by BoldKara