B&B: Old/Classic Discussion & Articles

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I am really excited too....So episode 1195 is the first in 1992?

I could see some episodes in German ( I don't understand German) 20 years ago....and I took notes....I think that in episode 1264, it is the masquarade ball, in episode 1272, we can see St Thomas for first time, 1293 is the first one with Sheila, 1294 is the first with Zack, 1296 is Taylor and Ridge wedding...interesting episodes!!!

• Members

Summer/Fall 1995 was a transitional period for the show as the show’s big storylines were winded down for new ones to start. Sheila story given a breather, Prince Omar left on 8/4/95, Macy & Thorne back reconciled etc. Instead we got Maggie/Dylan/Jessica with Michael & Connor involved(was that Connor’s last substantial story lol?), Lark Voorhies falling down the Spectra elevator shaft, and a preteen Rick tossing a cream pie into the face of the fat kid who played CJ. 

• Members

In episode 1993 you can see a man in dark blue suit with leather gloves who steels the Believe formula. I think it could be either Jake or Clark. As far as i remember Jake confess in order to get Macy out of Jail. This does not mean he really stole it. I think it was Clark. He wanted so much Spectra to be back on truck. I think that this story was not actualy solved.

• Members

It was never resolved. I don’t think Bill Bell was ever asked but the answer anyway would have been probably: it doesn’t matter who did it. It was indeed implied to be either Jake or Clarke but both left the show by mid 1992. therefore…

This was similar to some Y&R plot twists of the mid-90s. EG There a mystery date for Nina/Ryan/Victoria/Cole where it was also never disclosed who set them up.

Re: Connor

in retrospect I’d say that Connors only story was the initial blockbuster story to make him a rival of Ridge and lead a Love story with Brooke. By late 1994 Connor was basically done. In my memory he was gabbing with James for the next 12 months about Ridge, Brooke and Taylor. In every episode these super successful adult men were sitting in their offices and constantly rehashing evening Bridge or Tridge. Ian Buchanan at least got to play a bigger part in this story (didn’t he disguise as Brewster Mackenzie for Morroco?) but for Connor that was it. He continued to play the resident lawyer and I remember him dating Maggie for 3-5 episodes. Are you sure he was also linked to Michael as well?

• Members

@sheilaforever Conor dated Karen after Brooke. She lied to him that they had sex (he was drunk i think) and trapped him into marring her, but the wedding did not happen, i think she sonfessed they did not had sex. She liked him. After that i think Karen left the town/show.

found this now when searching for the storyline

https://soapoperasaga.files.wordpress.com/2018/04/6ed20-b2526b-what2527s2bnext2bfor2bconnor2b25262bkaren2b252804-19-199425292bsou.jpg

Edited by Marquise

• Members

Oh no they weren’t, I meant to imply they were involved in the story. I remember Dylan moping around to Michael in their apartment but Maggie was already moved on fawning over Connor for a quick minute. 

I liked Connor & Brooke. Also enjoyed Connor & Sheila together. The Connor/Karen affair was at a time when B&B could still have room for C and D plots. It’s a shame his character was later maligned on.

• Members

Definitely. Not sure if it started at the beginning of season 6 or by episode 1200 or else. 

I always try to forget about Connor and Karen. Don’t think that the story was that bad, I was just over Karen after the triangle with Macy and Thorne which was just soll bland minus some cute moments. Never got why the show was soooo keen on pairing Joanna Johnson not at all with Ridge/Ronn Moss. Sure she would have been the third woman but Ridge was on every day anyway, so why not!? 

• Members

I think Joanna Johnson, in either role, really only had one pairing that truly worked, and that was with Ronn Moss' Ridge.

Same with Jeff Trachta who had great chemistry with Bobbie Eakes but never really clicked with any other (romantic) screen partner they tried him with.

Maybe that's the reason why I struggle to remember anything at all about the Thorne/Karen pairing.

As for Connor/Karen, I vaguely recall some fake pregnancy prank and an invisible bathing suit prank and then it goes blank.

• Members

Hey guys! I was wondering if anyone has any HQ publicity photos from 1995-2002 without any watermarks? Specifically, anything with the characters of:

- Amber/Rick/Becky/Deacon/Tawney (super grateful for any Italy photos) 
- Michael/Dylan/Enrique
- Macy/Thorne/Claudia
- Jasmine/Sly/Jessica/Dylan/Maggie 
- Maggie/James/Sheila. 
- Taylor/Ridge/Prince Omar in Morocco 

If anyone can help, I would be so, so appreciative.

Please register in order to view this content