Jump to content
Key Links: Announcements | Support Desk

Old/Classic B&B discussion&articles


soapfan770

Recommended Posts

  • Members
31 minutes ago, rsclassicfanforever said:

Episodes until 1180 are now online. That means, we have 15 episodes to go to have a full year 1991 and turn directly into season 6!
So everyone knows, that 1992 will be a fantastic year:

We will get new characters: Sly,Jack Hamilton, Zach Hamilton, Sheila Carter and Ridge is played by Lane Davies for episodes 1309 until around episode 1330.

 

Wonderful! Thanks as ever for the uploads

Please register in order to view this content
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Members
36 minutes ago, FrenchBug82 said:

It was never specified who he was "flirting with" but I didn't think it was TK yet at the time those were leaked. That cat-and-mouse game with RM lasted quite a while, it seems. Probably a lot of diva behavior even before the contract renegotiation.
Peter Reckell would have been a TERRIBLE choice IMO

Does anyone know who else was in the running for Ridge 2.0 after Ronn Moss left? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, rsclassicfanforever said:

Episodes until 1180 are now online. That means, we have 15 episodes to go to have a full year 1991 and turn directly into season 6!
So everyone knows, that 1992 will be a fantastic year:

We will get new characters: Sly,Jack Hamilton, Zach Hamilton, Sheila Carter and Ridge is played by Lane Davies for episodes 1309 until around episode 1330.

wow just can wait! thank you! As i said before 1992 is one of my fav years! Becouse of Sheila and Stephanie - Jack story and of course Taylor and Ridge wedding.

If i have never mentioned it before I was very happy that Bill Bell decided to find someone else for Stephanie - Jack. Although i think Bill sr. would be better match!

Edited by Marquise
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
18 hours ago, BoldKara said:

In my B&B re-watch I've just watched Deveney Dixon's (Angela Forrester) final, abrupt exit.

Does anyone know why that storyline was ceremoniously dropped like a hot potato, never to be mentioned again? This was my first time viewing it as I missed it on original airing while on vacation. I knew it would end abruptly from what I'd been told, but this to me would have to count as B&B's first major storyline that was just dismissed like it never happened. Angela Who? 

I wonder if they would dare to bring the character back after all these years to perhaps wreak vengeance on Stephanie's namesake. Could make for a great story...not that most viewers would have been watching way back in 1989, so it's unlikely we will ever see Deveney again (even if re-cast)!

Yeah, I think Deveney was the first "loose end" that the show left hanging. I think the whole premise of the Angela storyline had been planned from very early on (we knew from the start that Stephanie left to visit someone once a week and that it was a well-kept secret), but the way she left the show left a lot unresolved. It would have made sense for her to show up down the road with a completely new face and we would believe it was a new character until the big reveal that she was really Angela/Deveney. But that new character never came.

I can only think of one other unresolved storyline from that time period, and that's the BeLieF theft. To my knowledge, we STILL don't know who stole it. (My money is on Clarke though.)

18 hours ago, FrenchBug82 said:

I like TK and his Ridge is a richer character but I like to pretend he is just a different character who arrived after something happened to the original. You can literally picture everything that has happened to Ridge since TK took over happening to Nick and making more sense.
There was not much to like in the original, certainly not the acting, but he still was Ridge, stiff pompous wishy-washiness and all. 
I remember reading lots of blind items in the year before it happened (that only became clear after the fact that it was about RM) that a certain producer was putting out feelers to an actor he had in mind and thus calling the chicken game of a certain diva actor who was certain his "iconic" role could never be recast and was being a pain.
Talk about a "I am walking out unless..." that seriously backfired but to be fair, I would not have bet a dime on BB having the guts to recast AND finding a way for the recast to work and still be there 8 years later (!).
I also expected, frankly, TK to get bored but I guess, like Heather Tom, the work must be really comfortable for older actors who want to earn a living acting but are kind of over the hustle.

 

I think RM's Ridge had a certain charm and although he had his own "acting style" he was the right type for the character. He had that playful, arrogant vibe and there were certain details that were just so "Ridge".

Like the way he would walk into a room like he was God's gift to whoever was in the room (often accompanied by a saxophone theme).

Or his way of always sitting down on a chair by throwing one leg over it like it was the back of a horse.

TK just doesn't have any "Ridge-y-ness" to him. He is way too serious a character.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
5 hours ago, Videnbas said:

I think RM's Ridge had a certain charm and although he had his own "acting style" he was the right type for the character. He had that playful, arrogant vibe and there were certain details that were just so "Ridge".

Like the way he would walk into a room like he was God's gift to whoever was in the room (often accompanied by a saxophone theme).

Or his way of always sitting down on a chair by throwing one leg over it like it was the back of a horse.

TK just doesn't have any "Ridge-y-ness" to him. He is way too serious a character.

 

I always laugh when that sexy Ridge saxophone plays. Back when characters had distinct personalities. Ronn Moss isn't a great actor but he really was irreplaceable in the role. I felt something watching him, whether it was amusement or annoyance at Ridge being a jerk.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Videnbas said:

I think RM's Ridge had a certain charm and although he had his own "acting style" he was the right type for the character. He had that playful, arrogant vibe and there were certain details that were just so "Ridge".

Like the way he would walk into a room like he was God's gift to whoever was in the room (often accompanied by a saxophone theme).

Or his way of always sitting down on a chair by throwing one leg over it like it was the back of a horse.

TK just doesn't have any "Ridge-y-ness" to him. He is way too serious a character.

I've never been a regular B&B viewer, but I've seen enough of both to completely agree with you. Plus, RM's Ridge was sooooo believable as a mama's boy. Susan F was already off the show when TK came on, right?

Edited by amybrickwallace
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
On 7/9/2021 at 6:10 PM, rsclassicfanforever said:

Episodes until 1180 are now online. That means, we have 15 episodes to go to have a full year 1991 and turn directly into season 6!
So everyone knows, that 1992 will be a fantastic year:

We will get new characters: Sly,Jack Hamilton, Zach Hamilton, Sheila Carter and Ridge is played by Lane Davies for episodes 1309 until around episode 1330.

 

That's incredible! Thanks so much for sharing these! Hanging out for 1992! The year of Sheila!

On 7/9/2021 at 3:35 PM, sheilaforever said:

I could not beleve my eyes when I saw the "climax". It so WTF!? I was stunned when DeveneyDixon made it for a prominent spotin the special PEOPLE magazine issue for the show's 30th anniversary. However, B&B brought back Sheila and not Deveney n that year, so my guess is that this chapter is closed for good.

I've watched about the 5 next episodes and not a single mention of Deveney. Stephanie hasn't told Eric. It's like it never happened! So strange, you'd think Stephanie would have put on her detective hat and wanted to find out how Deveney survived...and what all of a sudden, Deveney didn't want revenge anymore on her. Would love to know exactly why (because there HAS to be a reason) they chose to end that story so abruptly and never mention it again, but I suspect that reason is lost to history. Unless anyone here has a special connection to Brad Bell? Wishful thinking!!!

It would be so good if Deveney was somehow connected to Finn, his birth mother perhaps, as it seems he might be adopted, and Deveney has plotted a 30 year revenge against Stephanie's namesake and her family! If only!!! Only a small fraction of the audience would even remember, so I sadly can't see that or something similar happening. I think Deveney/Angela is done and dusted...but never say never. 

On 7/10/2021 at 3:46 AM, Videnbas said:

Yeah, I think Deveney was the first "loose end" that the show left hanging. I think the whole premise of the Angela storyline had been planned from very early on (we knew from the start that Stephanie left to visit someone once a week and that it was a well-kept secret), but the way she left the show left a lot unresolved. It would have made sense for her to show up down the road with a completely new face and we would believe it was a new character until the big reveal that she was really Angela/Deveney. But that new character never came.

I can only think of one other unresolved storyline from that time period, and that's the BeLieF theft. To my knowledge, we STILL don't know who stole it. (My money is on Clarke though.)

She could easily have been re-cast due to the disfigurement. Such a lost opportunity...but we got Sheila instead and for that I'd never trade!! 

I don't remember too much about the BeLieF theft...look forward to revisiting that in my in-order-re-watch! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, BoldKara said:

I've watched about the 5 next episodes and not a single mention of Deveney. Stephanie hasn't told Eric. It's like it never happened! So strange, you'd think Stephanie would have put on her detective hat and wanted to find out how Deveney survived...and what all of a sudden, Deveney didn't want revenge anymore on her. Would love to know exactly why (because there HAS to be a reason) they chose to end that story so abruptly and never mention it again, but I suspect that reason is lost to history. Unless anyone here has a special connection to Brad Bell? Wishful thinking!!!

It would be so good if Deveney was somehow connected to Finn, his birth mother perhaps, as it seems he might be adopted, and Deveney has plotted a 30 year revenge against Stephanie's namesake and her family! If only!!! Only a small fraction of the audience would even remember, so I sadly can't see that or something similar happening. I think Deveney/Angela is done and dusted...but never say never. 

She could easily have been re-cast due to the disfigurement. Such a lost opportunity...but we got Sheila instead and for that I'd never trade!! 

The only plausible reason I can think of is that Deveney got her new face thanks to Thorne, and was so happy with that that she just went on with her life.

Or maybe the writers realized that if Deveney hadn't disappeared her next stop would have been prison (probably still disfigured), and that it was a better exit to have her out there somewhere, with a face that could look like anyone. But then they never played that card.

Edited by Videnbas
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
On 7/9/2021 at 1:46 PM, Videnbas said:

 

I can only think of one other unresolved storyline from that time period, and that's the BeLieF theft. To my knowledge, we STILL don't know who stole it. (My money is on Clarke though.)

This one was resolved— it was Jake and Margo who stole it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
3 hours ago, soapfan770 said:

This one was resolved— it was Jake and Margo who stole it. 

Was it though? If I recall correctly, Jake confessed to take the blame off Macy, who had been arrested for the theft but had nothing to do with it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
On 7/9/2021 at 4:10 AM, rsclassicfanforever said:

Ridge is played by Lane Davies for episodes 1309 until around episode 1330.

Based on the [limited clips] I have seen: Lane Davies was the perfect Ridge recast, and I almost wish he had remained in the role.

On 7/8/2021 at 7:08 PM, BoldKara said:

In my B&B re-watch I've just watched Deveney Dixon's (Angela Forrester) final, abrupt exit.

Does anyone know why that storyline was ceremoniously dropped like a hot potato, never to be mentioned again? This was my first time viewing it as I missed it on original airing while on vacation. I knew it would end abruptly from what I'd been told, but this to me would have to count as B&B's first major storyline that was just dismissed like it never happened. Angela Who? 

I wonder if they would dare to bring the character back after all these years to perhaps wreak vengeance on Stephanie's namesake. Could make for a great story...not that most viewers would have been watching way back in 1989, so it's unlikely we will ever see Deveney again (even if re-cast)!

From what I've read, reception of the Deveney storyline was not positive. But, I do believe, in latter years, it became something I do believe fans wanted to see re-visited.
I think it was a major missed opportunity to have a Deveney return, with a completely re-structured face to try and lure her way back into Stephanie's orbit via Thorne.
Hell, even following Stephanie's death, it should've been an open-door for Deveney to go back to Los Angeles and try to wiggle her way into the Forrester family, as seeking revenge.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
4 hours ago, Marquise said:

Actually i do not think Margo was involved 

 

2 hours ago, Videnbas said:

Was it though? If I recall correctly, Jake confessed to take the blame off Macy, who had been arrested for the theft but had nothing to do with it.

Interesting it’s been so long, I may be misremembering Margo stealing it for Jake to sell(or am I thinking of something it?). I definitely recall they left town over it together, especially right after Margo had affair behind Bill Sr’s back with Taylor’s ex husband. 
 

Hard to believe it almost 30 years ago I’d love to see it again for sure too. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy