B&B: Old/Classic Discussion & Articles

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

If you listen closely you can hear Leanna mention Spectra to Rex.

Haha I never knew they mentioned Wiley's on B&B

Please register in order to view this content

That's also where Victoria briefly worked when Victor cut her off for marrying Ryan. 

• Members

I could not beleve my eyes when I saw the "climax". It so WTF!? I was stunned when DeveneyDixon made it for a prominent spotin the special PEOPLE magazine issue for the show's 30th anniversary. However, B&B brought back Sheila and not Deveney n that year, so my guess is that this chapter is closed for good.

This is soooo funny. Will have to check this out.

• Members

Episodes until 1180 are now online. That means, we have 15 episodes to go to have a full year 1991 and turn directly into season 6!
So everyone knows, that 1992 will be a fantastic year:

We will get new characters: Sly,Jack Hamilton, Zach Hamilton, Sheila Carter and Ridge is played by Lane Davies for episodes 1309 until around episode 1330.

• Members

It was never specified who he was "flirting with" but I didn't think it was TK yet at the time those were leaked. That cat-and-mouse game with RM lasted quite a while, it seems. Probably a lot of diva behavior even before the contract renegotiation.
Peter Reckell would have been a TERRIBLE choice IMO

• Members

wow just can wait! thank you! As i said before 1992 is one of my fav years! Becouse of Sheila and Stephanie - Jack story and of course Taylor and Ridge wedding.

If i have never mentioned it before I was very happy that Bill Bell decided to find someone else for Stephanie - Jack. Although i think Bill sr. would be better match!

Edited by Marquise

• Members

Yeah, I think Deveney was the first "loose end" that the show left hanging. I think the whole premise of the Angela storyline had been planned from very early on (we knew from the start that Stephanie left to visit someone once a week and that it was a well-kept secret), but the way she left the show left a lot unresolved. It would have made sense for her to show up down the road with a completely new face and we would believe it was a new character until the big reveal that she was really Angela/Deveney. But that new character never came.

I can only think of one other unresolved storyline from that time period, and that's the BeLieF theft. To my knowledge, we STILL don't know who stole it. (My money is on Clarke though.)

I think RM's Ridge had a certain charm and although he had his own "acting style" he was the right type for the character. He had that playful, arrogant vibe and there were certain details that were just so "Ridge".

Like the way he would walk into a room like he was God's gift to whoever was in the room (often accompanied by a saxophone theme).

Or his way of always sitting down on a chair by throwing one leg over it like it was the back of a horse.

TK just doesn't have any "Ridge-y-ness" to him. He is way too serious a character.

• Members

I always laugh when that sexy Ridge saxophone plays. Back when characters had distinct personalities. Ronn Moss isn't a great actor but he really was irreplaceable in the role. I felt something watching him, whether it was amusement or annoyance at Ridge being a jerk.

• Members

That's incredible! Thanks so much for sharing these! Hanging out for 1992! The year of Sheila!

I've watched about the 5 next episodes and not a single mention of Deveney. Stephanie hasn't told Eric. It's like it never happened! So strange, you'd think Stephanie would have put on her detective hat and wanted to find out how Deveney survived...and what all of a sudden, Deveney didn't want revenge anymore on her. Would love to know exactly why (because there HAS to be a reason) they chose to end that story so abruptly and never mention it again, but I suspect that reason is lost to history. Unless anyone here has a special connection to Brad Bell? Wishful thinking!!!

It would be so good if Deveney was somehow connected to Finn, his birth mother perhaps, as it seems he might be adopted, and Deveney has plotted a 30 year revenge against Stephanie's namesake and her family! If only!!! Only a small fraction of the audience would even remember, so I sadly can't see that or something similar happening. I think Deveney/Angela is done and dusted...but never say never. 

She could easily have been re-cast due to the disfigurement. Such a lost opportunity...but we got Sheila instead and for that I'd never trade!! 

I don't remember too much about the BeLieF theft...look forward to revisiting that in my in-order-re-watch! 

• Members

The only plausible reason I can think of is that Deveney got her new face thanks to Thorne, and was so happy with that that she just went on with her life.

Or maybe the writers realized that if Deveney hadn't disappeared her next stop would have been prison (probably still disfigured), and that it was a better exit to have her out there somewhere, with a face that could look like anyone. But then they never played that card.

Edited by Videnbas