soapfan770

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, skebujebu said:

I always wondered what happened to Gladys Jimenez (Carmen) back in 2000`s. She was hired on contract and even had very nice opening credit pictures. My memory might false me but I remember reading she was hired on one year contract but was let go only after two months lol. Was the mrs. Troublemaker on the set or did they just want to spice things up by suddenly killing Carmen.

Well B&B certainly has a LONG history of doing U-turns about new hires they celebrated with fanfare but GJ was dating Sean Kanan (and I think even got pregnant by him) so while I dunno the timing of that relationship vs her tenure on the show, maybe this had to do with why she was written out a lot quicker than predicted. 

Edited by FrenchBug82

• Members
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, skebujebu said:

I wonder what is the leagal matter of doing that? Are the actors entitled into compensation?

No. Their contracts ties them into exclusivity to a show during the duration of the contract but on the other hand a show can terminate the contract at will at the end of a "cycle" which is generally every thirteen weeks. 

So basically if she lasted two months, she probably was paid her guarantee for something like an extra month but then she is out of luck.

Edited by FrenchBug82

• Members
On 7/2/2021 at 8:10 AM, Marquise said:

ok, who was Carmen? I have no idea. I do not remember her. 

Oh yes! Deacon's friend that fall off the building!

Carmen was Deacon's girlfriend at the time.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Wow! Tomorrow the official B&B YT channel will stream a reunion with Katherine Kelly Lang, John McCook, Ronn Moss (!!!), and Susan Flannery (!!!!!!). It was filmed May 24, 2020 for Italian TV. Maybe this is old news, but I had no idea.

Edited by BoldRestless

• Members
42 minutes ago, BoldRestless said:

Wow! Tomorrow the official B&B YT channel will stream a reunion with Katherine Kelly Lang, John McCook, Ronn Moss (!!!), and Susan Flannery (!!!!!!). It was filmed May 24, 2020 for Italian TV. Maybe this is old news, but I had no idea.

OMG I'm so excited to watch this!!

Please register in order to view this content
 I bet we get some good stories! 

• Members
5 hours ago, BoldRestless said:

WOW - now this is cool. I had no idea... Thansk for sharing!