B&B: Old/Classic Discussion & Articles

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

That is something I've noticed overall in those old episodes - how new storylines, characters and plot twists are subtly introduced many months or even years in advance. It's really impressive. Like the Angela storyline which started in late 1988 after we had been wondering for about a year and a half where Stephanie disappeared to once a week. Or Sally's introduction in early 1989 after we had heard stories for over a year about Spectra and how much the Forresters loathed the company. Or Felicia who was always the youngest Forrester sibling but wasn't shown on screen for years although she was mentioned regularly. It really shows how much thought and planning went into creating the B&B universe in those early years.

• Members

you are so right and it was like that with the stories till 2000's i think. Same with James strory about his mother in 1992, Jack (with his gambling) and Zack, even Sheila coming to town. 

Another story soon to come is about Brooke's second pregnancy. 

Edited by Marquise

• Members

I always wondered what happened to Gladys Jimenez (Carmen) back in 2000`s. She was hired on contract and even had very nice opening credit pictures. My memory might false me but I remember reading she was hired on one year contract but was let go only after two months lol. Was the mrs. Troublemaker on the set or did they just want to spice things up by suddenly killing Carmen.

• Members

Well B&B certainly has a LONG history of doing U-turns about new hires they celebrated with fanfare but GJ was dating Sean Kanan (and I think even got pregnant by him) so while I dunno the timing of that relationship vs her tenure on the show, maybe this had to do with why she was written out a lot quicker than predicted. 

Edited by FrenchBug82

• Members

No. Their contracts ties them into exclusivity to a show during the duration of the contract but on the other hand a show can terminate the contract at will at the end of a "cycle" which is generally every thirteen weeks. 

So basically if she lasted two months, she probably was paid her guarantee for something like an extra month but then she is out of luck.

Edited by FrenchBug82

• Members

Wow! Tomorrow the official B&B YT channel will stream a reunion with Katherine Kelly Lang, John McCook, Ronn Moss (!!!), and Susan Flannery (!!!!!!). It was filmed May 24, 2020 for Italian TV. Maybe this is old news, but I had no idea.

Edited by BoldRestless