Jump to content
Key Links: Announcements | Support Desk

Old/Classic B&B discussion&articles


soapfan770

Recommended Posts

  • Members

Thanks, loving the 1991 1100s episodes I downloaded them, but if seems when I open 1121 thru 1129 I get the below on my screen

 

"Missing codec

This item was encoded in a format that's not supported*

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Members
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, rsclassicfanforever said:

I now added the episodes 1121-1130, because at videoland they are 10 episodes ahead. I noticed, that the quality on videoland is only 400p. So it seems the quality at the TV is higher, but do you see a difference?

 

The RTL Lounge ones are way more crisp and sharp! But beggars can't be choosers...however given a choice the RTL Lounge ones win hands down! In saying that, I acknowledge I'd rather have end credits included so it's a personal battle of wanting higher resolution vs full episode completion! 

Edited by BoldKara
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
9 minutes ago, Marquise said:

thank you @rsclassicfanforever and @Heartless Angel for the episodes again

Please register in order to view this content

@BoldRestless are there other episodes with missing music or minutes or whatever?

I know episode 112 on my DVD has the speech muted when Rocco, Katie and Donna are nightclubbing probably to cover up the copyrighted music. It's so annoying! I wonder if anyone has a copy with the dialogue intact in English? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

@BoldKara it should be on the Vault from the episodes i uploaded. It is also from DVD. I have to check if i have some other.

found it on a video site will share the link https://we.tl/t-GzpGOHMO2D

i could not check for the sound just downloaded it  and uploaded it lol i am at work lol

 

Some early episodes are uploaded ona Bulgarian site like youtube but i think you will not be able to see them so i downloaded it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
7 hours ago, rsclassicfanforever said:

I uploaded episodes 503 and 588 in a separate folder in 1989

 

Thank so you much! I was waiting so long to finally get those!

 

7 hours ago, Marquise said:

thank you @rsclassicfanforever and @Heartless Angel for the episodes again

Please register in order to view this content

@BoldRestless are there other episodes with missing music or minutes or whatever?

 

I only noted those two. Maybe @charholden5 knows of some. I wish I had taken notes because now I already watched all of Amy's episodes.

 

6 hours ago, BoldKara said:

I know episode 112 on my DVD has the speech muted when Rocco, Katie and Donna are nightclubbing probably to cover up the copyrighted music. It's so annoying! I wonder if anyone has a copy with the dialogue intact in English? 

 

I believe on the German DVD, there was music, but they must have dubbed it in, so you still can't hear the dialogue. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
51 minutes ago, BoldRestless said:

 

Thank so you much! I was waiting so long to finally get those!

 

 

I only noted those two. Maybe @charholden5 knows of some. I wish I had taken notes because now I already watched all of Amy's episodes.

 

 

I believe on the German DVD, there was music, but they must have dubbed it in, so you still can't hear the dialogue. 

I have to go through the ones that are missing the beginning. It will.take awhile. As I recall, the tracking was way off for most of the season 3 and 4 episodes.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
2 hours ago, KristinG79 said:

Do any of you have the complete episode #692? I don't know why, but when Amy uploaded this episode on YT she cut out Ridge's proposal to Caroline, and I really want to see this. TY.

This what a lot of people have been saying. It was season 3 &4 that has big cuts and the tracking was horrible. I'm going to start to go through season 2 tomorrow and see where it starts late.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
3 hours ago, KristinG79 said:

Do any of you have the complete episode #692? I don't know why, but when Amy uploaded this episode on YT she cut out Ridge's proposal to Caroline, and I really want to see this. TY.

 I recorded and uploaded it in the folder 1989 "episodes by rsclassicfanforever"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
20 hours ago, rlj said:

Thanks, loving the 1991 1100s episodes I downloaded them, but if seems when I open 1121 thru 1129 I get the below on my screen

 

"Missing codec

This item was encoded in a format that's not supported*

 

 

It was probably encoded with H.265/HEVC. Try downloading an app called VLC, download the videos, then play them through there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
17 hours ago, Marquise said:

@BoldKara it should be on the Vault from the episodes i uploaded. It is also from DVD. I have to check if i have some other.

found it on a video site will share the link https://we.tl/t-GzpGOHMO2D

i could not check for the sound just downloaded it  and uploaded it lol i am at work lol

 

Some early episodes are uploaded ona Bulgarian site like youtube but i think you will not be able to see them so i downloaded it

Thanks so much for the link Marquise! It's still overdubbed with that dodgy disco music  but at least it has subtitles for what Rocco and Katie are saying!

 

I have the Aussie DVDs for 1-100 and then the German ones for 101-250, so I have the very same overdubbed version that's in the Vault.

11 hours ago, BoldRestless said:

I believe on the German DVD, there was music, but they must have dubbed it in, so you still can't hear the dialogue. 

 

Yes I have the German DVDs for 101-250, and it had that horrid music dubbed over the dialogue. Thankfully Marquise has provided a link above that has the subtitles (partial file though, but has what you need to complete the picture). 

 

Can't get that repetitive music out of my head LOL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
6 hours ago, charholden5 said:

This what a lot of people have been saying. It was season 3 &4 that has big cuts and the tracking was horrible. I'm going to start to go through season 2 tomorrow and see where it starts late.

 

I'm sure we are all grateful for the YT uploads Amy provided at the time, but watching around episode 650 at the moment, it's clear she would go to great lengths to disguise the file on YT by adding in different end credits, so a lot of the credits repeat themselves and are not the original broadcast version for the episodes. At least we have most of the footage, which I feel is more important ultimately, but it's a shame a lot of the early episodes are not truly complete. Huge thanks though to all the Angels including Amy who have worked so hard and to share with the fans of the classic episodes! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Community Activity

    1. 12,365

      As The World Turns Discussion Thread

    2. 3,419

      Classic GH Thread

    3. 3,419

      Classic GH Thread

    4. 762

      RIP: In Memoriam Thread

    5. 513

      Days of Our Lives: September 2021 Discussion Thread

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy