Old/Classic B&B discussion&articles

soapfan770

• Members
On 5/8/2021 at 6:58 AM, AbcNbc247 said:

Making my way through the 1991 episodes and for the most part I'm really enjoying them. 

Can't stand Blake though. He's the new Mick Savage. Hopefully he'll be gone soon. I don't really understand the Taylor/Blake relationship either. Why exactly did this stunningly beautiful young woman marry this creepy old guy? 

On 5/8/2021 at 7:04 AM, Marquise said:

i never liked Blake either! She was lonely i suppose, her mother died, her brother was gone. He sponsered her to staudy. At least that was what was revealed. I suppose she needed love and he was romancing her. But why did she dated him when he came back in 1991 - this is my question lol. At least he had some story at late 1991-1992. 

On 5/8/2021 at 7:10 AM, AbcNbc247 said:

I can see that. She felt that she owed him or something, but damn he was cringeworthy lol I laughed so hard when he threatened Ridge with the "Hayes consortium"

Blake Hayes the Texas Oil Millionaire, that's so 1981. Can't believe Bill Bell was a decade late to the party 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
6 hours ago, BoldRestless said:

"October 1994 12" might actually be from December since it shows Layla and Omar's honeymoon. 

Looks like it might be episode 1928 from the episode description matching the footage, but no idea about the dates, though definitely early December.

• Members
5 hours ago, BoldKara said:

Looks like it might be episode 1928 from the episode description matching the footage, but no idea about the dates, though definitely early December.

Yes, it's #1928. Probably the 2nd of December.

On 5/8/2021 at 12:42 AM, BoldKara said:

Certainly here in Australia, the numbering is correct factoring in the 8318A and 8426 Pt2.

In Switzerland, they just skipped 8318A (the recap) and went on with #8319, but they did not recognize #8426 Pt2 and marked it as #8427. It's getting interesting

Please register in order to view this content
 I wonder about other countries. 

On 5/8/2021 at 12:42 AM, BoldKara said:

it’s funny but really when they celebrate 9000 episodes it might really be 9002!  Or 9001 as 7000 wasn’t really a proper episode, right, more a special episode and showing them helping the homeless? It’s officially documented as 7000, so I guess it has to count in the tally.

It baffles me completely! #7000 was kind of behind-the-scene-episode, but it still counts, whereas 8318A had a new content (hinting Carter&Zoe's storyline) and it does not count. We will have to wait probably for 9000 to get the right counting, although last Friday episode is marked as #8511 by CBS and not #8513.

• Members
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, LuckyBold said:

In Switzerland, they just skipped 8318A (the recap) and went on with #8319, but they did not recognize #8426 Pt2 and marked it as #8427. It's getting interesting

I wonder about other countries. 

It baffles me completely! #7000 was kind of behind-the-scene-episode, but it still counts, whereas 8318A had a new content (hinting Carter&Zoe's storyline) and it does not count. We will have to wait probably for 9000 to get the right counting, although last Friday episode is marked as #8511 by CBS and not #8513.

Isn't that interesting. I feel like 10play in Australia must have been told the Christmas Eve episode was 8426 Pt 2 by CBS, because otherwise why would that do they off their own volition? Strange!

Whereabouts do you see CBS marking Friday as 8511, as when I go to the cbs site it just refers to it as S34 E152? I mean, it would fit and match the 10play numbering of Friday as 8511, so makes sense to me.

Edited by BoldKara

• Members

is it only me, i just hate this S34 E152? marking of the episodes. For me the episode should be like 8511, 8512 and so on

BTW in youtube i see they deleted the whole 23 season and started to upload it again.

• Members
22 minutes ago, Marquise said:

is it only me, i just hate this S34 E152? marking of the episodes. For me the episode should be like 8511, 8512 and so on

BTW in youtube i see they deleted the whole 23 season and started to upload it again.

I dislike it too...

yes I saw that today! So bizarre. Hopefully if there were any episodes they skipped from that year, they will upload them this time. Their banner says uploading a new one each Monday, but the premiere for the next one is in around 22-23 hours...I wonder what’s possessed them to do this...sure, with say Season 32, to do a “premiere” release to excite fans would be appealing, but a re-release of an old season in very poor PQ is just plain stupid.

• Members
Posted (edited)

they did have some missing episodes i recall. I hope they upload them and some episodes where cut, with raw matterial - hope they upload the offical aired onces. And most of all I hope for episodes before season 23  But as we saw before thoese people who uoload to the youtube chanel are quite strange

so who knows what they are up to

Edited by Marquise

• Members

I noticed in today's cast credits that Jennifer Gareis (Donna) was missing from the main actors list.

Accidental omission, or has she been dropped from full contract? Really like her, and think so much more could be done with her...but we have the Liam show instead. 

• Members
7 hours ago, BoldKara said:

Accidental omission, or has she been dropped from full contract? Really like her, and think so much more could be done with her...but we have the Liam show instead. 

I like her but considering how she doesn't have story and hasn't in ages, having her on contract doesn't make much financial sense. She is a recurring character in practice so I am actually surprised she wasn't legally-speaking.

• Members
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, FrenchBug82 said:

I like her but considering how she doesn't have story and hasn't in ages, having her on contract doesn't make much financial sense. She is a recurring character in practice so I am actually surprised she wasn't legally-speaking.

I’m a big fan of Jennifer Gareis. But from her Y&R days of Grace THE SLUT(c) Turner when she was whoring it out with Nick Newman. Donna has been a pointless DOA character ever since her arrival in 2006. the only good times and storylines were her honeybear marriage to Eric and the rivalry with Pam. Her most recent return was recurring at best. There was almost no scene that was about her, she was always just wallpaper and a sounding board for Brooke. I think it is safe to say that Brad Bell has  a soft spot for La Gareis like me - and she is probably very professional and well liked in the cast. Therefore, the show happily payed for Gareis health insurance and gave a her a contract, surely with minimal guarantees. In the past, Schae Harrison (Darla), Aaron D Spears (Justin) and Alley Mills (Pam) have been bouncing on and off contact status with B&B - and as viewer you never realized it because their screentime was the Same. We shall see if that is the case with Jennifer Gareis as well.

Edited by sheilaforever

• Members
40 minutes ago, BoldKara said:

They could have had JG as a proper foil for Quinn, but I guess that ship has now sailed. Guess we will be seeing less and less of her now.

JG being the one to sniff out the Carter liaison would be fun. Of all the mismatched relationships Eric has had in his twilight years, the Donna marriage was the one I started to buy. JG was selling the hell out of it.

• Members
1 hour ago, FrenchBug82 said:

JG being the one to sniff out the Carter liaison would be fun. Of all the mismatched relationships Eric has had in his twilight years, the Donna marriage was the one I started to buy. JG was selling the hell out of it.

I agree on both counts.

• Members

i really liked the Pam and Donna chemistry it was fun.

BTW some time ago I posted the Concert in Rotterdam which is now 1994 folder  - this is the real concert they did there, not the episodes. So may be it should be removed.

A hude thank you to 1991 and 1994 ANGELS!