Old/Classic B&B discussion&articles

soapfan770

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
On 5/1/2021 at 8:17 AM, Jennybold1974 said:

Regarding 1991... is it just me or we get a lot more than 1 ep/1 day (5 episodes a week)?

As far as I know there are 2 episodes per day now

Please register in order to view this content

On 5/6/2021 at 7:20 AM, BoldKara said:

Fun Fact for episode numbering gurus:

Did you know that the episode which aired on 23rd December 2020 was numbered 8426 (Part 1) and the Christmas episode that aired on 24th December 2020 was numbered 8426 (Part 2)?

We've had the curious 8318A before (the recap episode filmed specially after returning from production lockdown) but never a part 1 and part 2 before.

Yes, I noticed that as well! Also, the official B&B site states that Paris's first episode is #8391, which confirms that 8318A was not #8319. I wonder what that means for the international broadcast.

• Members
4 hours ago, LuckyBold said:

As far as I know there are 2 episodes per day now

Yes, I noticed that as well! Also, the official B&B site states that Paris's first episode is #8391, which confirms that 8318A was not #8319. I wonder what that means for the international broadcast.

Certainly here in Australia, the numbering is correct factoring in the 8318A and 8426 Pt2. Our screenings are listed by actual episode number, but it’s gone relatively unnoticed in the US due to numbering the episodes as seasons and the number within that season. 

Casey Kasprzyk did get back to me at the time confirming that lockdown return episode was numbered 8318A, as it was written after the ones that came after it (which had already been filmed).

it’s funny but really when they celebrate 9000 episodes it might really be 9002!  Or 9001 as 7000 wasn’t really a proper episode, right, more a special episode and showing them helping the homeless? It’s officially documented as 7000, so I guess it has to count in the tally. 

In essence, there’s really 2 more episodes than they claim they’ve produced! 

9 hours ago, Marquise said:

the official B&B youtube chanel is advirtising posting Episode 5653, but it is already there. I hope they will upload missing episodes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyBpYUwJaQ8

I noticed that last night on YouTube, so strange! Love the comment someone left about providing the rest of the episodes either side and in-between!

• Members
52 minutes ago, fivethej said:

How come Erica Lovejoy (Mary Warwick) has never returned?

Good Question!!!

I wanted her to return when Sheila came back a few years ago. As well as James Warwick made that blink if you miss it appearance when Sheila was blackmailing him. I would've loved to see Mary-Margaret being torn between her parents as well as interacting with others on the canvas too. 

• Members
On 5/6/2021 at 12:09 AM, Jennybold1974 said:

wSoapsuds you have a very nice profile picture. I'm a great tennis fan too. This USO final between Zverev and Thiem was quite a match, wasn't it?

Thanks! Thiem my favorite player on tour. I've been watching and playing tennis for many many years. And yes the US Open final was quite a match. You should post on the tennis thread in the off topic area on the board.

• Members

Making my way through the 1991 episodes and for the most part I'm really enjoying them. 

Can't stand Blake though. He's the new Mick Savage. Hopefully he'll be gone soon. I don't really understand the Taylor/Blake relationship either. Why exactly did this stunningly beautiful young woman marry this creepy old guy? 

• Members
Posted (edited)

i never liked Blake either! She was lonely i suppose, her mother died, her brother was gone. He sponsered her to staudy. At least that was what was revealed. I suppose she needed love and he was romancing her. But why did she dated him when he came back in 1991 - this is my question lol. At least he had some story at late 1991-1992. 

Edited by Marquise

• Members
4 minutes ago, Marquise said:

i never liked Blake either! She was lonely i suppose, her mother died, her brother was gone. He sponsered her to staudy. At least that was what was revealed. I suppose she needed love and he was romancing her. But why did she dated him when he came back in 1991 - this is my question lol. At least he had some story at late 1991-1992. 

I can see that. She felt that she owed him or something, but damn he was cringeworthy lol I laughed so hard when he threatened Ridge with the "Hayes consortium"

• Members

According to the numbers in the vault , Lawrence Saint-Victor posted, that #8496 is his.

Number 8496 is right.

When 8426 Part 2 really is 8427 , then the numbers go on and Lawrence is listed in the credits. In the then listed episode 8496.

If it stays  like 8426 Pt1 and 8426 Pt2 then his episode would be the 8495. But according to his Script its 8496.

Is there anything who can confirm the episodenumbers from the vault?

• Members
10 hours ago, rsclassicfanforever said:

According to the numbers in the vault , Lawrence Saint-Victor posted, that #8496 is his.

Number 8496 is right.

When 8426 Part 2 really is 8427 , then the numbers go on and Lawrence is listed in the credits. In the then listed episode 8496.

If it stays  like 8426 Pt1 and 8426 Pt2 then his episode would be the 8495. But according to his Script its 8496.

Is there anything who can confirm the episodenumbers from the vault?

The 8496 in the Vault is not LSV's written episode though...so the numbers in the Vault are incorrect from 8427 which should be 8426 Pt 2, and then 8428 in the Vault should be 8427, etc. 

• Members
On 5/6/2021 at 10:12 PM, BoldRestless said:

The Cala Classics angel has uploaded some new episodes!

Trying to untangle the dates. I'm comparing them to the available recaps and the clips that Marquise posted in the Clips 1994 folder.

"November 1994 7" is November 21 (source: https://groups.google.com/g/rec.arts.tv.soaps/c/Cqe52wjTcNs/m/U9AEY4cH5JYJ), which means "November 1994 6" is November 18, so the episode we had as November 18 is possibly the 17th?  

Not sure about the others. 

They posted more - if the poster is reading this, thanks a million

"November 1994 10" is November 28 https://groups.google.com/g/rec.arts.tv.soaps/c/fc4V41uykNM/m/eqIgjWf5g-kJ (this was also in the vault incorrectly labeled October 29).

"November 1994 11" must be November 29 (was also in the vault incorrectly labeled as October 30).

Not sure about episodes "November 1994 8" and "9" but I'm guessing they're November 22 and 23 and the show was preempted on November 24 and 25 for Thanksgiving. 

I don't want to rename them until we're sure though.

"October 1994 12" might actually be from December since it shows Layla and Omar's honeymoon.