B&B: Old/Classic Discussion & Articles

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I had wondered what the “special“ would be about. I haven’t yet heard anything about John McCook retiring. I don’t think there are any major character anniversaries this year either. 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Pardon me while I gush some more about episodes from 1991 that I recently rewatched. In addition to the lovely albeit very brief spotlight they gave Ruthanne and her family, #1068 - 1074 have not lost one bit of their utter thrill from the TWO times I've seen these before. When people say, that they don't write soaps anymore how they did back in the back in the day, this is one of the prime examples. It simply does not get better than this.

Not to spoil too much for those of you who are still catching up with the Dutch uploads: the sordid tale of Clarke's adultery with Julie reaches a totally unexpected adrenaline rushing climax on Hawaii. First, Sally decides to follow her husband to the Island where - of course - he hopes to continue with his affair with Miss Delorean. Julie on the other hand wants to blow Clarke's marriage skyhigh to have him for herself. So the big question is: Will Sally uncover her husband's lies or will Julie expose him? 

But what happens at the end of #1074 is so unexpected that you simply cannot see that cliffhanger coming. It's a great twists and opens many more storyline possibilities... Needless to say that Darlene Conley is literally carrying these episodes with ease; going from full camp to full drama and between within minutes.

Edited by sheilaforever

• Members

I don't understand why Youtube stopped upoading after #7926.

I was the one uploading the 2020 episodes to the vault in the beginning. But someone else took over since episode #8440 in January.

I can upload the episodes #7927 to #8389 in the right folders if you want. I have them all in quite high quality (250 Mo) But if Marquise already has them I'll let you handle it. Thanks. If no one does it I'll start next week with #7927 - #8000.

EDIT: I see the 2019 and 2020 episodes were added today. Not sure why a new foder was created for each episode with .srt files, though... I can't  open them anyway. But thank you.
Yes, I will uploat 2018 when I have time (probaby next week).

I don't think Sheila is coming back unfortunately. Some sources said she only visited the sets for a special event. We'll see. If Sheila comes back some day they may want to keep it secret until her first airdate, like they did in 2017. It's possible she will appear out of nowhere at the end of an episode, soon. Stay tuned.

Hi rsclassicfanforever  it's good to see you here. I hope you'll be able to share some of your German episodes some day. Especially 2003/2004 and the missing episodes between 2005 and 2009 (the list is posted in the vault in the 2000s folder). I know your German channel had ell the episodes in German between #3817 and #5992, before Youtube took the channel down.

The episodes I desperately look for are the ones between #4000 and #4500. If you have them (or a part of them) I hope you'll upload them to the 2003 and 2004 folders.

Soapsuds you have a very nice profile picture. I'm a great tennis fan too. This USO final between Zverev and Thiem was quite a match, wasn't it?

Edited by Jennybold1974

• Members

Fun Fact for episode numbering gurus:

Did you know that the episode which aired on 23rd December 2020 was numbered 8426 (Part 1) and the Christmas episode that aired on 24th December 2020 was numbered 8426 (Part 2)?

It became apparent to me back when 10play in Australia put these episodes up for streaming and they labelled them as such, and have continued the numbering sequence from that point without any re-adjustment. I queried B&B TBTB online at the time, and no-one ever got back to me with clarification. We've had the curious 8318A before (the recap episode filmed specially after returning from production lockdown) but never a part 1 and part 2 before.

I kept that little nugget for contemplation another day, thinking that perhaps the Part 2 Christmas episode was a cleverly last minute scripted episode to slot in to Christmas Eve due to all the preemptions earlier for the trials etc in the US. The Christmas episode didn't tie heavily into anything going on at the time (either side of it, if you go back and look at what you believe to episode numbers 8426 and 8428), so was the perfect episode to just slot in on Christmas Eve - otherwise it would potentially have aired well into the new year if not slotted in this way. At least, that's how I seem to rationalise why they would number an episode part 1 and part 2!

This was confirmed to me that indeed the episodes were numbered this way as Parts 1 & 2, when Lawrence Saint-Victor (Carter) penned his first episode recently. It was episode 8496 which aired on 15th April 2021, as can be seen in the attached screenshot from his Twitter. The tweet is dated April 16 as that was the timestamp from my perspective in Australia (we're almost a day ahead of you all lol). It can ONLY have been numbered 8496 if that 8426 Part 2 was slotted in, to set the episode numbers back one number from what everyone thought was the correct episode number. 

Anyone who has access to the 15th April episode on cbsdotcom can confirm at the end that it's LSV's written episode, and therefore that episode is #8496 and not #8497 as thought. Even the vault here has that date's episode number as 8497, due to this little numbering anomaly.

Anyway, I hope this makes sense and you don't all think I'm on another planet! And I'm not expecting anyone to go back and re-number those Vault episodes post 8426! 

748505631_ScreenShot2021-05-06at2_52.23pm.zip

• Members

I suspect B&B HQ will upload each further season from 7926 as perhaps the rights run out in other countries?

Someone, possibly Marquise (thank you legend!), has just uploaded 7998 through to 8329 in the 2019 and 2020 folders in very high quality...anything either side of that would be hugely appreciated Jennybold1974! thank you!

Yes even 10play today has the most recent episode (the one just aired in the US) as 8509, when most people tracking episode numbers will think it's 8510.

• Members

I always found it interesting that Angela looked dead here, neck broken it would seem...and yet she showed up a few months later alive and well with a cleverly filmed retcon and no dangling neck LOL. I'm almost up to the 3 months worth of episodes (from 633) I missed back in 1990 when holidaying in Italy in my B&B re-watch, so I'm very excited to see the Deveney and Queen Mary storyline I missed while I was away! It was 1990 for me as Australia was about 8 months behind or so the US.

Then I can categorically say I've watched every single episode of B&B

Edited by BoldKara