B&B: Old/Classic Discussion & Articles

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I've just been down a small B&B rabbit hole having found a lot of the BeLieF stuff in good quality and of course it means I've watched this about 73 times in a loop.

It truly is one of my favourite soap scenes of all time seeing Brooke/Stephanie really explode for the first time with genuine mutual loathing. If Brooke hadn't been the more passive participant in the feud up to this point, I don't think it would have nearly the impact it did. It also goes to show how much genuine 'direction' the show had back in the day because in a 2021 soap, you'd find that level of yelling and hysteria in any old argument but here it's really earned and absolutely necessary.

We know that the whack KKL gave SF resulted in a decade long ban on any rematch and you can tell she almost wants to call her a bitch but pulls out more standards and practises appropriate insults. 

Please register in order to view this content

One thing though that I'm hoping people can help with...I've never been able to understand what Brooke screams at Brooke to result in the slap and figured it's time to find out!

"Oh so it's all my fault is it, you lying BLANK BLANK animal!"  Anybody know?!

• Members

I’ve never been able to figure out what she actually says either, but I always thought it was “You lie and cheat and treat me like an animal.” 

Thanks for re-posting this clip; I can’t think of a more thrilling period of the show. All beats played to perfection, a Shakespearean play compared to today.

• Members

I can't believe we've completed the first 1000 episodes in English... and in such high quality. Huge thanks again to all our Angels.

If I read the thread correctly, these episodes are from a Dutch channel. I don't know how you manage to download the episodes, but I'm very grateful.

Does anyone know how frequently they air these episodes?  5 episodes a week or sth else?

And do you know UNTIL WHEN they'll continue? We're currently in 1991. I hope they keep it going until (at least) 1995 (episodes #2170...). Even if I've to wait until 2025 for this, it will be worth it .

Please register in order to view this content

Regarding the 1996-1999 German episodes, I'm currently listing them so I can properly watch them later. I notice #2762 is missing and a few ones are incomplete... (around 10 episodes... I will post a list once I've finished...) There is also a 1/2 episode named "1998.avi" I was unable to find the correct number) Marquise , do you have #2762 and do you know the number of that half-episode in 1998? Thank you!

• Members

I just uploaded 2762 in the German folder 1998. May be i have some others that are missing. Ohnestly i do not remember was it me who previouslu uploaded in 1998. If it was me may be when droping the files from the folder to upload i missed some.

Edited by Marquise

• Members

I think, the Dutch broadcaster of B&B, RTL, started airing the first 30 episodes for the show's 30 anniversary in the Netherlands. [Similiar to what the Swedish broadcaster did for 25 years (?) of B&B. ] Apparently, the viewership was pretty impressive and so they continued until episode 100 or 200... Then, probably due to a diminishing audience, RTL Group switched the reruns to a niche cable channel, RTL LOUNGE, where B&B is shown with current episodes anyway. It's always 5 shows a week and they have just passed the 1000 episode mark... It seems like they do not intend to stop; however in the past in some countries May 1992 was the turning point for reruns. Hopefully, they will not stop there...

The VAULT uploads are very much up-to-date. In addition to the TV broadcasts, RTL Group as a streaming service VIDEOLAND and this is where the super crispy uploads with full closing credits come from. I recently tried a VPN (hide me) and it worked perfectly to register at Videoland.nl -vpayment via Paypal is possible. However, it is such a treat that some gentle sols keep blessing us with the free uploads to the Vault...

• Members

Gotcha.

Amber is already pregnant and Pierce/Bailey are established characters. My bet is on Fall.

It's September 1998.

Someone else may doublecheck, but I think this could be half of #2877 which originally aired September 4, 1998 on CBS.

Edited by sheilaforever