Jump to content

Old/Classic B&B discussion&articles


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Marquise said:

I am now up to the episodes with Garison Originals and FC fashion shows. Oh i so miss the old times with good fashion shows, the music, the models, the behind the scene preparation....

WIth today's budget, fashion shows at such scale seem totally impossible... unfortunately!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Marquise said:

I am now up to the episodes with Garison Originals and FC fashion shows. Oh i so miss the old times with good fashion shows, the music, the models, the behind the scene preparation....

I loved them too!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Another question. It isn't that important, but does anyone know the episode that starts Season 5? I heard it was 940, but not sure if that's accurate. I used to be able to access the videoland episode list without an account, but I can't anymore for some reason.

Edited by BoldRestless
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, BoldRestless said:

Another question. It isn't that important, but does anyone know the episode that starts Season 5? I heard it was 940, but not sure if that's accurate. I used to be able to access the videoland episode list without an account, but I can't anymore for some reason.

I think 940 = 1990-12-19

1991-03-25 is 999 or 1000

1991-03-24 was a sunday

1991-03-23 was a saturday

Edited by Bundy1965
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bundy1965 said:

I think 940 = 1990-12-19

1991-03-25 is 999 or 1000

1991-03-24 was a sunday

1991-03-23 was a saturday

It's contentious isn't it? When does a season start for a show that plays all year long? It's anniversary? If so, then I figure 1000 ends season 4 on 22/3/1991, and 1001 starts season 5 on 25/3/1991. Sorry for the way we Aussies write dates but you know what I mean LOL. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, BoldKara said:

It's contentious isn't it? When does a season start for a show that plays all year long? It's anniversary? If so, then I figure 1000 ends season 4 on 22/3/1991, and 1001 starts season 5 on 25/3/1991. Sorry for the way we Aussies write dates but you know what I mean LOL. 

We Germans write it the same way!

Please register in order to view this content

Are Aussies Australians?

Edited by Bundy1965
Link to post
Share on other sites

I know that at some point, they started the season every year in September like all other CBS shows. In the early years, they seem to have done it around the anniversary (250 episodes) but there were a lot of preemptions in 1987 that may have messed that up?

 

Someone told me videoland starts Season 5 at episode 940 in December... but there seems to be no reason behind that at all... it's neither an anniversary, nor a milestone episode... ?

Edited by BoldRestless
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Bundy1965 said:

We Germans write it the same way!

Please register in order to view this content

Are Aussies Australians?

Many differences between Aussie (yes Australian!)/British and US including dates. We put u's in words like colour, odour, flavour, saviour...  General day to day slang in American can mean a naughty one in Australian (the theme song to The Nanny can bring a laughing tear to the eye).

9 minutes ago, BoldRestless said:

I know that at some point, they started the season every year in September like all other CBS shows. In the early years, they seem to have done it around the anniversary (250 episodes) but there were a lot of preemptions in 1987 that may have messed that up?

 

Someone told me videoland starts Season 5 at episode 940 in December... but there seems to be no reason behind that at all... it's neither an anniversary, nor a milestone episode... ?

I suspect these days it has to do with renewals, so when they announce 2 season renewals for example it's probably from a specific date which won't be the B&B anniversary date but more than likely September-ish as you say to tie in with prime time seasons etc. Strange the VL splitting on seasons. I tend to ignore it because it would do my head in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, BoldKara said:

Many differences between Aussie (yes Australian!)/British and US including dates. We put u's in words like colour, odour, flavour, saviour...  General day to day slang in American can mean a naughty one in Australian (the theme song to The Nanny can bring a laughing tear to the eye).

Interesting, I thought that Americans put the u's in words.

Different dialects are spoken in Germany. 

We Swabians have a way of saying primeval times that nobody else understands.

 

I like Bavarian and Viennese very much.

 

But Swabian is also spoken differently depending on the area and when a North German speaks in full dialect, I understand almost nothing.

 

I would also be interested in how Australians say body weight and temperature. We Germans give our weight in kg and our height in meters. The temperature in degrees Celsius.

 

Oh, and on the road we're going right.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Bundy1965 said:

I think 940 = 1990-12-19

1991-03-25 is 999 or 1000

1991-03-24 was a sunday

1991-03-23 was a saturday

I have the same dates. Early 1991 is a black box due to Dessert Storm pre-emptions on CBS. 

 

Videoland has been incorrect with its defintion fo season ever sinc eseason 2 or 3... The official numbering was indeed the show's anniversary. Same with Y&R. Then in about 2011 CBS switched the renewals for its soaps to Fall in-line with primetime shows.

Link to post
Share on other sites

found that long time ago. I do not know if you have seen it but since we are back to 1990's may be we can go on vacation in LA

Please register in order to view this content

Link to post
Share on other sites

yes, a dream come true

Please register in order to view this content
 1987 - 1990 complete thanks to all uploaders!

Edited by Marquise
Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't say how grateful I am to all the uploaders! THANK YOU ALL 

 

Marquise, I was looking for that map! It's so funny. The Logan house is much to close to the Forresters, and Forrester Creations shouldn't be anywhere near Spectra!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy