Key Links: Announcements | Support Desk

Old/Classic B&B discussion&articles

soapfan770

• Members
4 hours ago, Marquise said:

Bobbie Eakes got married in the dress from Macy and Thorne's wedding

She loved it so much that she asked if she can use it

Please register in order to view this content

This is cool. Didn’t know that.  Only Bobbie & Jeff were REALLY close off-screen as well. Thanks for sharing the pictures!

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
9 minutes ago, charholden5 said:

SF was the BEST. There is a big whole in the show now that she's gone. ( I don't watch the show regularly now.) I was 13 when that storyline aired! I literally grew up with the show. 

Watching these early years now, I see how much she held the show together. Ridge/Brooke/Caroline isn't THAT interesting, without Stephanie's reactions.

• Members

I just can not believe Susan Flannery got her first Emmy for BB in 2000 when she had such good stories before that. And after 2005 her stories got worse.

In my opinion her first homeless story was very good. Then she had great scens with Sheila and Brooke. The story when FC became Brooke's. SF had some great scenes. The poisoning story in 1995 she was very good.

Btw i really thought the weitters were clearing their way to bring back Deveney at some point ... But nothing.

Edited by Marquise

• Members
59 minutes ago, Marquise said:

I just can not believe Susan Flannery got her first Emmy for BB in 2000 when she had such good stories before that. And after 2005 her stories got worse.

In my opinion her first homeless story was very good. Then she had great scens with Sheila and Brooke. The story when FC became Brooke's. SF had some great scenes. The poisoning story in 1995 she was very good.

Btw i really thought the weitters were clearing their way to bring back Deveney at some point ... But nothing.

There were also more soap operas when the first homeless storyline aired.(In my opinion, better) I sometimes thought the people who voted for the Emmys didn't like B&B because it was only a half hour. 

• Members

Agree the show has been lacking since Susan left it. She was an absolute powerhouse!

Very much looking forward to the Deveney Dixon storyline as I'm up to 544 in my re-watch. I missed that whole period of 3 months while vacationing in Italy in summer 1990 (Australia was around 8 or so months behind). That is the only part of nearly 34 years of B&B I have never watched. I could have skipped ahead and watched that missing period on the Vault but I'd already started my re-watch from episode 1, and being a completist I have to see it through in order!!  Let's just hope I don't get hit by a bus before I get to Deveney!!!  I've heard it's a bit of a meh resolution, but I'm excited to see for the first time ever those three months I missed so very long ago.

On subsequent long vacations I'd get my mother to swap the VHS tapes every few weeks, and so when I came back I had a lot of catching up to do but missed nothing that way. Such a die hard!!  If only I'd kept those tapes instead of recording over them...I went to Italy again in 1994 for 3 months as well...there'd be gold on those tapes...

• Members
On 2/13/2021 at 2:20 AM, Marquise said:

does anyone know if 950 or 951 is the last episode of 1990? 

Bumping this question. I'd like to organize the folders. Episodes 948 on are being posted in 1991.  However, episodes 951-954 are missing if someone can add them, please.

Here is an update the person says is for "12/26 and 12/27ish." I'm not sure if the show was preempted Monday, December 31.  https://groups.google.com/g/rec.arts.tv.soaps/c/hMELijjl46s/m/6JW5jRO04UkJ

• Members
7 minutes ago, BoldRestless said:

Bumping this question. I'd like to organize the folders. Episodes 948 on are being posted in 1991.  However, episodes 951-954 are missing if someone can add them, please.

Here is an update the person says is for "12/26 and 12/27ish." I'm not sure if the show was preempted Monday, December 31.  https://groups.google.com/g/rec.arts.tv.soaps/c/hMELijjl46s/m/6JW5jRO04UkJ

Great idea to tidy it up. I believe 948 is the first one for 1991.

• Members
15 hours ago, BoldRestless said:

I have also #948 as Jan 02, 1991 (and therefore first episode of 1991) - based on one of the most-repeated episodes of B&B: Eric & Brooke's Palm Springs wedding with the hot air balloon ride. #947 was an actual New Years Eve episode (in parts: Spectra gang) which we do not get that often.

20 hours ago, Marquise said:

La Flannery was really a victim of how poorly the daytime community treated B&B at the Emmys until 2000. She was amazing in 1989, 1991, 1996 and should have receiced Emmy nominations int he subsequent years. Only Darlene Conley was able to break this glass ceiling thanks to her one-of-a-kind-personality. Ian Buchanan had the benefit of being a former GH superstar and well-known Hollywood face which helped him to get his Emmy nominations, I guess.

Edited by sheilaforever