B&B: Old/Classic Discussion & Articles

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Hello eveyone. Finally My account's been approved and I'm here

Please register in order to view this content

I would love to thank you everybody who uploaded and shared clips , episodes of B&B. You can't imagine how I'm happy. Thanks to you I can watch B&B  B&B is not air in my country., now, I used to watch then I had to to stop because of not airing... I've always interested in Classic episodes and it was my dream to watch. Thank you so much. I'm greateful . (btw sorry about my poor English ) I'm soooo happy

• Members

Interesting fact for the TRIVIA NERDS out there:

We know have the exact dates for James E. Reilly's stint as consultant on B&B. No idea if he ever really consulted or Bill Bell used any idea of his or if it was just a Network deal with CBS that paid him some money!

Reilly's tenure as "consultant" was rather brief and lasted from # 773 (April 24, 1990) - # 859 (August 22, 1990).

As always: Thanks to the mysterious uploader for providing the classic episodes with closing titles.

Edited by sheilaforever

• Members

Was he also not consulting for Y&R at the time? I have heard rumblings that their Marge story was, to some degree, something Reilly cooked up. And indeed, when you think about it, it definitely reads as something he'd do.

I'd also be curious to know, considering I'm decidedly less versed in B&B history, if any Reillyisms snuck into B&B during the brief consulting stint, or if it wasn't particularly noticeable.

• Members

We have seen Y&R credits from the same time than his B&B stint and we was also credited as "consultant" there as well. I don't think Bill Bell used anything on B&B. I cannot pinpoint a single story from April-July that looked like Reilly.

Then again, Anne Schoettle (who is amrried to David Shaughnessy I think) was also serving as coslutant on Y&R back then. I'd always assumed that these consultant psoitions were either payback for being a scab writer during the 1988 writers strike or part of a Network deal theese writers scored.