B&B: Old/Classic Discussion & Articles

• Members

I think they are not showing episodes before 2010 on purpose. Only a few that i am suprised about.

btw 755 is gust great! I know many people did not like the music in B&B but i was attracted to it - Macy and Thorne, Pierre soon to come

Please register in order to view this content

it gave a romantic note to everyting

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yes, yes, yes!!!

I have mixed feelings about Ridge & Quinn. For once, I got really interested in the storyline - the hatred turned into love. Maybe classic plot, but really well played. I'm actually glad that it ended with Quinn confessing his love for Ridge and turning her back, it was very natural to end it and letting her be with Eric (four years of the marriage in this soap nowadays is a huge success :D). Plus, they probably needed her with Eric for the fights with Sheila. I'm more intrigued by the Eric/Katie storyline, which was neither love story nor friendship story, something in between, but also just aborted.

I jumped when they brought Sheila back and then mentioned Mary. But now I think she shouldn't have returned. It was already confusing for Y&R viewers, because of the whole plastic surgeries stories, but we were presented with somehow weak version of Sheila, who kept apologizing and giving in to Quinn. If they had to make her soft, she could be paired up with Eric again - that would be something! Bringing back Mary would be cool too, but again - I think that the writers don't want to complicate their stories any longer. Everything is now predictable and so easy. That's why I was surprised they decided to drag on Beth's storyline for so long, like in the classic days. It had the potential to be dragged on for years even, but viewers demanded that she was returned to Liam and Hope.

Plus, we're still in the dark as far as other Sheila's children are concerned. I think only Mary and Diana were ever mentioned/introduced in B&B.

• Members

And this continuous penchant for Logan family... Since 2006 he recast every single member apart from Brooke and brought them all back. It really became the Logan sisters show at one point, which I was personally frustrated about. I read an interview with somebody from the cast and during her last days on the show, Susan reportedly asked "what has happened to this show".

• Members

That's why having the original first seasons is so good! To hear those dialogues, see the intricate storylines... I love to just engage in those golden years.

Loved it too  I read so many negative comments on Jeff as Thorne, especially with his alleged soft side when compared to Calyton. But I liked him very much. He and Macy were very cute and music bringing them closer was a very natural move.

• Members

People in my country mock people who watch Bold, because they've only see the trash years... I keep telling them that at the beginning it was a masterpiece, but nobody believes me. How could they when we have Liam for a leading man and Thomas as a villian. Brad Bell lobotomized the show. 

• Members

Same here

At the beginning it was very successful and popular (we didn't have many shows or tv channels in the 90s). But in time it started to be mocked and used as a synonym of sth endless, boring, even incestuous and associated with the show for grandmas o only (which is quite correct, I also started watching it with mine). Everything due to B&B being still the longest running TV show in my country, but since it has been stopped being broadcast in TV few years ago, people don't care about it anymore and the youngsters don't even know it. But judging by the popularity of Marek Logan's channel, Polish fans love to go back to the classics.

• Members

I enjoy reading all your perspectives from different countries.

In the US hardly anyone even knows the show exists haha. If anything they would know it's a soap and therefore assume it's stupid and be shocked that any soap is still on at all. No one would have a clue what the show is about or the characters or anything.

• Members

How interesting. I'm not surprised though 

soap operas are probably more popular in European countries, and nowadays in the Netflix era it's like a dying genre. But still, B&B is called "world's most watched drama" and it must be very popular in Australia or Netherlands, otherwise they wouldn't buy the first three seasons.

• Members

I was so shocked when I found out it was the most popular show in the world! I remember as a kid my grandfather would travel to Europe and I would look through the magazines he brought home and they had little recaps of the soaps and I just couldn't believe they were covered! (Also was surprised how much more casual the European mags were with nudity, hahaha). When my relatives would visit the US my job was to update them on the current plotlines of "Beautiful" so they could brag to their friends that they knew what would happen. It was in the 90s before most people had internet.

• Members

I loved the times when I had no Internet or magazines, there were no spoilers form the US as we were almost 8 years behind with the episodes. Those were still the times of Poland re-birth after the fall of communism. The TV was practically the sole source of entertainment and the Poles were fascinated with the American world and lifestyle and it started even before B&B, when Dynasty was first on air. But B&B was already a huge success in Europe as Germany, France, Italy and other countries had broadcast it even sooner. In Poland, it was so popular that you didn't have to watch it to know the character, plots, etc. There still is some interest as it has been 5 years now since the show was moved to the Internet, and they're still buying new episodes