B&B: Old/Classic Discussion & Articles

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Out of curiosity. Does anyone know when Brad Bell took over as Head writer of B&B. I have heard 1994, but wonder about specific dates, at least which month it was.

It would be interesting how involved Bill Bell was after he handed over the writing duties to Brad, did he have story projections etc. I know he was a consultant and producer, but that can sometimes just be a title. Does anyone have any info on this?

• Members

I know it was spring 1993, but im just not sure which month. Could be anywhere from March-May of that year,

I honestly just wanna make myself believe that Bill was still writing the show till at least 1996-97. All of the stories that supposedly began with Bradley just seem to have his father's voice in it.

• Members

Thanks for that. Yeah I noticed a difference in 1994, but after 1998 there was a bigger drop in quality for me. Maybe Bill had more control until that point.

I checked my SOD from 1993, they start referring to Brad as head writer in the May 11 1993 issue which was out Apr 27 1993. So may be Mar/Apr 1993 as the issue previous still has him listed as supervising producer.

They also mention a few months before that Brad and Maria Arena Bell were trying to get their own soap off the ground called Coming of Age, maybe when that failed Bill gave Brad the head writer position.

Thanks for the help yr9190.

Edited by will81