B&B: Old/Classic Discussion & Articles

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Thank you so much for uploading! Loved 2000-2002 B&B.

Fun fact: this was around the time frame I noticed Katherine Kelly Lang had her face lift/blepharoplasty (there's a noticeable difference in her appearance between episodes 3614 and 3619).

These two images were taken within a month from each other.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by ChickenNuggetz92

• Members

I remember also wondering about that when I first saw the episodes from that time. I noticed that something was off with their face but I couldn't put my finger on it. She looked so different when marrying and divorcing Thorne and then during her affair with Deacon.

• Members

But this is how Bold rolls.  Even tho we didn't see a great love affair onscreen, Donna's break up with Justin was very soapy.  Tears and all...only to have her on a boat with Nick gazing into one another eyes 2 commercial breaks later.  

• Members

I hated it, Brooke and Thorne actually were good together in spite of their past naughtiness.

The reignited feud between Brooke & Taylor among other things led to the particularly  ill-times headlines of soap mags covering B&B at the time with headlines such as “Old Enemies Declare a New War!” and “B&B’s EXPLOSIVE Future” the week and week after 9/11. 
The leadtime with which the mags had been printed precluded any changes but it still was enough to attract some mainstream criticism at the time. 

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

I wonder what, other than Brad's short attention span, prompted them to have Brooke so immediately go after Ridge. I'm not kidding, it's literally the same episode. She even slyly tells Thorne (within MINUTES of signing the annulment papers) she's going to and says it might hypothetically be good for the company. That is the most whiplashiest writing I've ever seen.

• Members

That plot twist totally threw me at the time. I thought Brooke had MUCH more chemistry with Thorne than Ridge. It was also the one time Thorne had a chance to shine as a character. her relationship with him was so different than the one she had with Ridge, too.

But, yep, within an episode their marriage ended, and she was lusting after Ridge for the millionth time!

• Members

Ivy and Liam's *marriage* lasted few days, but it's hard to call it a marriage

CJ and Becky married few episodes before her death. Macy and Deacon's marriage lasted I think around 50 episodes before killing her off, Gaby and Thomas were also for a short run and Hope and Thomas's marriage was brief as well. Thank God Kristen and Tony went quickly MIA, because they are wonderful couple and I would hate to see them apart.