B&B: Old/Classic Discussion & Articles

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

That article is sad to read, he succumbed to only short-term storytelling and has milked the Ridge/Brooke relationship bone dry, to the point where in 2020 they're broken up AGAIN because Brooke can't stop jumping on the closest man. And I want the real story behind why they so abruptly ended Brooke and Thorne's relationship. 

• Members

LOL this appears to be a clear case of Bill Bell's vision still somewhat being THE vision for the show. Because what is quoted above is NOT Bradley at all. He LOVES and LIVES FOR the trash and sleaze. 

He clearly says he still gets story direction from his father, it seems as though this interview is more about his father's vision than his IMO. The man who wrote Deacon/Brooke and Ridge/Bridget saying going too far in terms of bad taste and sexually explicit content is not B&B?  Didn't the Forrester family listen to Deacon having sex with Bridget and her losing her virginity over the phone? 

Edited by Vizion

• Members

Just found a source that states that CBS indeed started in 1991 to preempt its soaps for March Madness...

https://books.google.de/books?id=n0XnwcbNmPsC&pg=PA105&lpg=PA105&dq=cbs+march+madness+1990+preemption&source=bl&ots=KWrYDFV6cm&sig=ACfU3U2DvfsOJQyqJr2MPJeOl0lEMSw0vw&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwid86v-vNTpAhXMDewKHalOAUoQ6AEwCHoECAwQAQ#v=onepage&q=cbs march madness 1990 preemption&f=false

Speaking of preemptions, though: it seems there was one for B&B in early 1990 (maybe: February 18, 1990???) but I cannot find a proper cause. Anyone else have his on record?
Kind of depends on what airdate one has for the beginning of Season 4 on March 23, 1990: I have it as #751.

Edited by sheilaforever

• Members

This is like the ideal interview of what you would want them to say. I wish he would have this realization again. I really truly enjoyed early Hope/Liam/Steffy but after years and years of the same thing. Then he builds up Ally and Oliver and destroys that. Same with the Avants and Rick and Maya. They could have done years of story with Amber/Rick/Maya IMO. They don't keep any villains on the show without them being comic relief. So on and so forth. 

• Members

I don't know what for, but I think B&B was preempted Monday February 19, 1990...Y&R wasn't preempted,  but I think B&B and ATWT might have been. I remember checking the end of the 2/16/90 ATWT episode, and one of the concluding scenes picks up on the 2/20/90, which would be the following Tuesday.

B&B seemed to be preempted about 3-4 Times between Feb-March 1991, but knowing exact dates are tricky..I got 2/27/91 being one of them thanks to the Google Fourms.. 

• Members

Monday February 19, 1990 was President's Day and CBS aired a NBA regular season game that afternoon. CBS had the broadcasting rights for NBA from 1973-1990.

CBS Sports pre-emptions for B&B AFAIK were US Open (1987-2014), NBA regular season games (President's Day 1989, President's Day 1990), March Madness (1991-2019), Winter Olympics (1992, 1994, 1998).

• Members

Thanks! so I guess Y&R was the only soap that aired that day..because all the dates I have add up.

Unfortunately I found out some things regarding the whole 94 OJ stuff that has my original preemption list for Y&R/B&B kind of messed up...at least for Y&R. They supposedly either showed two new episodes on 6/28 and 6/29/94 in some areas, while others had the 6/28 episode air two days in a row...apparently the same happen for 6/29/94, and 7/11/94 too...though I guess they rebroadcast 6/29 on 7/11 for the areas that missed it....

It's so confusing..LOL