• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
3 hours ago, LuckyBold said:

Right?

Please register in order to view this content
 I always hoped that one day I would see the episodes from the early years and those I had not seen before, but this has gone way beyond mu hopes! 

+1

I'd also add the pristine picture quality of some of these uploads as a dream. They play really well on my TV - unlike some frickling VHS tape recordings.

• Members
39 minutes ago, AbcNbc247 said:

Is it just me or did the Ridge and Caroline wedding episodes seem a little rushed? 

They were. I think Joanna Johnson told Bill Bell around Xmas 1989 that she wanted out and leave B&B when her contract expired in March 1990. Bill Bell managed to sign JJ to a short contract extension so that he could finish their Love story in style. Hence the quick turnaround to the wedding and in another 6 months Caroline will be dead

• Members
3 minutes ago, sheilaforever said:

They were. I think Joanna Johnson told Bill Bell around Xmas 1989 that she wanted out and leave B&B when her contract expired in March 1990. Bill Bell managed to sign JJ to a short contract extension so that he could finish their Love story in style. Hence the quick turnaround to the wedding and in another 6 months Caroline will be dead

Thanks for the info.

I meant the episode itself. The ceremony, reception, Felicia revealing herself, and Ridge and Caroline making love all happened in the same episode. You would think that after nearly three years of waiting for Ridge and Caroline to be together, they would have taken their time and stretched their wedding out for a few episodes.

• Members
2 hours ago, sheilaforever said:

+1

I'd also add the pristine picture quality of some of these uploads as a dream. They play really well on my TV - unlike some frickling VHS tape recordings.

That's also true! 700+ first episodes in a magnificent quality is I think more than we could ever hoped for. I wonder how many episodes will be shared by videoland platform.

• Members

Btw is any of you wathcing old episodes except the onces Amy posts? I was watching some episodes from 2001 i had in German but it ends till 3620 and the episodes after that were deleted from the polish chanel.

Please register in order to view this content
 May be i will watch what is still there in the chanel.

• Members

I found this online resource for Bill Bell's script collection with episode numbers and air dates. Good resource. Most interesting is the fact he has scripts to Nov 1995 and again from Jul 96 - Aug 97. They don't say if he wrote all these. Maybe he just had them in his collection due to being a producer of the show or maybe he was writing the show through that period. Not sure, but enjoy if you like getting episode counts and air dates

http://pdf.oac.cdlib.org/pdf/ucla/pasc/wjbell.pdf

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • On Soap Opera Network

• Community Posts

• Actress Lee Lawson (Wanda Webb Woleck #2 on One Life to Live) has passed away.
    • I do remember that one of the few characters who was really impressed with the celebrity of Erica was Cecily.   She was visiting Julie in the Chandler mansion, and Erica answered the door.    After Erica left the two alone, Cecily was in awe of Erica, and she was somewhat suprised that Julie was not.   Another time, Taro Meyer was playing a famous actress, and her character and Erica were both present in the same restaurant.   I would have expected them to acknowledge one another, but they failed to do so.    They surely would have known about each other.      
    • Was actress Dody Goodman ever on Search for Tomorrow - or was One Life to Live the only soap opera on which she appeared (excluding the primetime Hollywood serial Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman)? If she did appear on Search for Tomorrow, what was the name of her character?
    • June 1993 Actor enthusiastic about 'Loving' role By Nancy M. Reichardt United Feature Syndicate NEW YORK In what is perhaps the latest bid to help raise its ratings, Loving has hired hunky Philip Brown to play rugged Buck Houston. After Brown left his role of handsome Steve Kendall on Search for Tomorrow in 1983, he relocated to California and landed roles in the series The Colbys, Knots Landing and Sisters. Although Brown swore that he would never do another daytime soap again, he couldn't say no to Loving. "I came back to daytime because I'm facing my fears in life," says the California-born actor. "To me, daytime is the toughest arena to be in because you're doing a show a day and learning all those lines. I believe this job is a God-given gift and that it happened for a reason. It didn't happen for me to say 'no' to it." Although Brown considers his new job a gift, the actor had to make sacrifices. "I had a wonderful life in California that I had to give up to come back to New York to do Loving," he says. "I just bought a house a year ago and I have two dogs, Cassie and Zelda, that are my best friends. After I was told I had the role, I had a major anxiety attack that lasted all night. I realized I had signed a three-year contract with Loving and that I'm not going to see my house or my dogs or my family. It was not easy to give all that up." Brown was so filled with angst that he wanted to back out of the role on Loving and head home to California. But, as fate would have it, he bumped into the woman who cast him on Loving and she managed to change his mind again. Brown is happy about his decision. "I'm quite pleased to be with Loving, because they have been very good to me," says Brown. "What intrigued me about the role of Buck is that he's a country-western, outdoorsy kind of character. I've never really had a chance to play that, and Buck is more of who I am. I feel very positive about being on Loving, and I believe we can take this half-hour show and turn it around and put it right into the top. People are going to start talking about this soap that you just have to watch." The show's low ratings don't worry Brown. "I don't believe that Loving has an ax hanging over it," he says. "As an actor, you can't worry about things like that. You just go in and do your best and whatever happens is going to happen. You ' can't control it." Since the character of Buck is somewhat mysterious, Brown has no idea what Buck's future holds. "I don't know what direction I want to take Buck in yet all I know is that I want him to be honest," says the actor. "I want him to say what he feels, stick by it and take some chances. Since I was brought up in a family where we weren't taught to express how we feel, I think playing Buck will be therapeutic for me, a kind of catharsis. I think it will be a freeing experience for me. I'd like to see Buck always have an edge, but I'd like to see him progress into a nice guy and see him struggle with it. It would be interesting for the audience to see him striving to be a better person."

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy