B&B: Old/Classic Discussion & Articles

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

hello all, i am new to the forum, but have been reading you a lot! You are very helpful to me for finding videos i want to watch! Tahnk you so much! I watched all the videos from oct. and november  1992 that you posted a link to, but are there any from december 1992? And you mentiond that  this is the 4th 1993 episode from Pannoni, but i found only 1 :( thanks again! You are great! 

• Members

More classic mid-90s stuff. So far, I just saw the 1994 episode which was probably one of the first with a very young Dylan Neal...

https://plus.google.com/photos/photo/104785550328489102123/6607270579929050002

EDIT: It seems this was indeed Dylan Neal's second episode (after premiering in # 1794). It is either #1802 or #1803

Edited by sheilaforever

• Members

Amazing old episodes. When did B&B hit really hit the gutter? To me the first strike came around 1996, the initial decent after 2002 and then crash and burn —much like all of soaps and general pop culture — after 2005. Also noticing the great Susan Flannery's visual transformation. It seems she started giving up on her previous glamours dressing style by 1998 up until a while after her gray haircut. 

Edited by ironlion

• Members

LOL! B&B had it's decent years, but the soap's biggest issue for me was it's over reliance on (halfway incestuous) romance driven plots. One thing B&B did get right though was sticking to the 30 min format. Soaps might be able to have better stretched content and budget if they didn't try to fill an hour 5 days a week. 

agreed

Edited by ironlion

• Members

I was just wondering if there are any playlists posted by YRBB on youtube?  I would really like to watch all the clips/episodes that's been posted by YRBB, but they're all unlisted so it's almost impossible for me to find any of them without any links. Having links to the playlists, if they exist, would be very helpful.  TIA!

• Members

There have been a lot of Taylor and Ridge clips from the 90's uploaded I've found

And now someone is putting up a ton of old Hunter Tylo as Taylor episodes (hope this channel doesn't get taken down they have a lot of stuff I hadn't seen). It looks like a good portion of her scenes from 1993 and 1994 are being put up by this person:

Watching these, did the show know in advance that Hunter was leaving in 1994? I know she took a "hiatus" to do some films in India, but how much notice did the show have? The way they had her trapped in Big Bear with James and almost die there only to then "actually die" in a plane crash a week later was VERY weird pacing.  And did Bill Bell ever plan to have Ridge find out about Taylor and James (I know Bradley Bell had it come out in some stupid nonsensical plot point in 2004)?