B&B: Old/Classic Discussion & Articles

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I have some more missing actor names from 1991 episodes... Do you happen to have information on any of these?

New York based designer "Jonathan Sloan" whom Julie wanted Clarke to work for

Sally's OB-GYN "Dr. Barnett" in September 1991 (as well as a nameless female ER doctor...)

Handwriting expert "Eric Littlefield" who was hired by Stephanie to fake a letter from Eric

The homeless extras druing Stephanie's skid row period? One of them was called "Lucas"

"Tommy Bolton" a family friend of the Forresters who Thorne wanted to romance Felicia

One of Jake's tennis clients who happened to be very much into him called "Tiffany"

Edited by sheilaforever

• Members

Dr. Barnette was Beau Billingslea (He's from my hometown)

Please register in order to view this content

Tommy Bolton was Todd Eckert

Tiffany  was   Paige Pengra

I didn't have the others.   But now that I do, I'll be keeping my eye out for them and let you know 

I don't know if this is Lucas, but I have Harry Perry as Homeless Person, with no date that I could find;

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Members

@DRW50 I never thought I would hear this on the show, Stephanie describing Angela's accident, and the famous "She rolled down the Hill".....I started laughing and thought of you!

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by YRfan23

• Members

Thank you @YRfan23 ! What a hoot. Remember when we actually had anything to say about B&B?

(for anyone who doesn't remember - Susan Flannery used to reference this scene any time she had a scene or storyline that she thought sucked)

What an awful, ridiculous story - even for 2018 soaps. 

(for some reason I thought it was "Seventh Avenue" not "Ocean Avenue")

I didn't know Caroline and Stephanie had the same hairstyle. Ridge really did have mommy issues...

Kristen looks pissed off. Maybe it's just the eyebrows.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

I always thought, Stephanie used that line after Angela and her doctor had their car accident and that's what she was referring too...I didn't know it was a wheelchair accident.

I feel like the story on paper sounded a lot more better then how it played out...other then the creepy facial makeup stuff a year later....the Angela story never really had a proper ending I think. I always say it wasn't until 1989 the show really picked up the pace, but after reading synopses, It still seemed like it was struggling on what type of show they wanted to be....I guess it was hard for Bill Bell to live up to the hype of Y&R's popularity....obviously the show improved over the next couple of years...

even so, I would take this B&B over "Liam and the Liam" everyday! 

• Members

This story was indeed dropped. Deveney Dixon wanted the ultimate revenge and tried to have THorne shoot Ridge AGAIN. This plan was foiled and no one ever gave a rat's a$$ about Deveney ever again. YOu can watch those episodes on the Polish YouTube channnel. There quite a few bits and pieces missing of the Angela story but the finale is on there in its entirety. The story was forgotten within ONE SINGLE episode.

Overall, the story wasn't too bad. The climax came pretty fast and as soon as Deveney Dixon (the real name of the fake Angela was never revealed...) entered the picture it was very James E. Reilly-like but in a good campy fun way.

Edited by sheilaforever

• Members

Deveney just disappeared, never to be mentioned again right? I know the confrontation scenes with Stephanie and Deveney are still around, but after Stephanie stops Thorne from shooting Ridge again, Deveney just disappears....
That seemed to be a Bill Bell thing, having the villain just vanish, if he had no more use for them...he did it on Y&R with Lisa, and even though she wasn't really a villain....Diane who helped David, but then turned on him, just ran off, right as David was killed...