B&B: Old/Classic Discussion & Articles

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Thank you @Y&R21395 and @DRW50!

Please register in order to view this content

Great to see the full bee scenes with Lance and without the subtitles......I still have a hard time watching the scene, just because I'm afraid of bees myself, and the thought of dying from an allergic reaction and not being able to breathe is terrifying!!!

That Brooke and Caroline scene in the 1988 promo looked pretty intense....I've never seen it before.

• Members

I don't know why I'm not as invested with the first 2 years of B&B like I am starting with like 1989ish, but I wish I had gotten to see some of the earlier 87-88 stuff (besides the first full week) ....I think some full episodes use to be around of 1988.

Edited by YRfan23

• Members

Well 1989 is when the Spectra gang arrived, maybe that's what drew you to B&B LOL

The early years do resemble 1970s Y&R a lot. I used to equate pre-Sheila B&B as being practically identical to pre-Victor Y&R; the character and storyline similarities are numerous. But B&B does come into it's own around 1990, as by then Bill Bell figured out which characters were working and which weren't.

• Members

The sets were so big and orange.  So 80s

That exchange between kristen/s tephanie highlights how insecure stephanie was.  She was even jealous of her own daughter getting any attention from Eric.  I don't recall...was that also the reason why she and Felicia didn't get along?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

This is a gem that some kind YouTuber reposted...it had been taken down long ago and I so enjoy rewatching it. Sally vs. Sheila in 1996: Sally swaggering in on Sheila's abuse of Stephanie, becoming her surprise protector, the very beginning of the Sally/Stephanie friendship. I'm only sorry they never had Sally get into a catfight with Sheila - my money would have been on Mustang Sally. 

Darlene is so menacing at the end - absolutely fabulous. 

I

• Members

That Sheila/Sally scene is absolutely magic. A testament to Darlene Conley, Kimberlin Brown and the juicy soapy goodness that B&B used to be.

I was only around 13 when that aired and I still distinctly remember the thrill of those two characters interacting because I hadn't seen it before (and don't recall it happening again). 

Yet more reminders of the squandered potential the show has. 

Edited - I've just watched the clip of Sheila/Stephanie where Sheila asks if she never wanted to lose control when Brooke went after Eric. "I never wanted to attack her physically!" 

At the time I just loathed Stephanie has a hypocrite but now I suspect it was just the start of the writing rot setting in.

Edited by JamesF

• Members

I remember the Stephanie mercury poisoning storyline. I was not expecting Sally to become Stephanie's defender.

Bill Bell casting Darlene Conley as Sally and building a family/business around her breathed new life into the early years of B&B.