American Idol

Toups

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

They weren't marketable. ;)

It hasn't even been a year yet since she won.

Kelly wasn't all that during her first year either. "From Justin to Kelly" - yeah right. Kelly really didn't take off until her "Breakaway" album came out.

• Members

Kelly had moderate success with her first album. Her singles (before the album) did great, but her first album was too commercial. it was still a success though. Her second album (which totally kicks ass) was better because she had more control and input on what it was she wanted to get through. It was more personal because she wrote I think all of the songs.

Fantasia has sold over a 1.5 records which is pretty good for a debut album.

Carrie's been very successful thus far too. But it's still too early to tell whether or not she'll last.

Josh Gracin (from season 2) has a successful country career and does well on the country charts (he's had 3 singles from his album reach #1).

• Members

Exactly. Hence the reason that this competition doesn't mean anything. In the end, you could have a fabulous voice, but if you're not marketable, the whole thing was a bust. You end up not being an idol. You're just a wannabe.

Plus, the whole voting system is flawed. It's not a true measure of which is the most popular. The judges commentary always sways the voting, people are allowed to call and vote 15 million times if they like. The whole thing is off balance.

• Members

Carrie won't last. I'd lay money on it. I'm not betting on it, though, because I'm usually bad at predicting these things, LoL.

Josh Gracin wasn't a winer. Which, again, shows that this process means nothing. The purpose of watching this show is to find out who will win, who will be the idol. Yet, in the end, the idols fade away and the LOSERS are the ones who become bigger names (Josh Gracin, Clay Aiken).

I'm not saying that the show doesn't have talent. It's just that the process is flawed and, therefore, pointless.

Now, back to the bad auditions...

Those dude with the black hair and the black shirt is kinda cute, LoL.

I like his voice!

Obviously, not a pop or American Idol. But he has such a Frank Sinatra voice, and I love Frankie! LoL Very Michael Buble, whose voice just MELTS me.

• Members

This girl looks like Ashlee Simpson and Jessica Simpton meshed together with a touch of Pamela Anderson and Tammy Faye Bakker.

And now she's singing. Why is she pressing her finger in her ear like she's got an earpiece? Or is she trying to block out the sound of her own horribleness?

Archived