Revenge: Discussion Thread

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

A great episode. It is SO enjoyable watching Emily get her revenge. And it's funny that both REVENGE and RINGER had their heroines have a nightmare in which their true identity was revealed. As well as something to do with jewelry that connected them to the past. This is getting more and more twisted and I'm loving it. Declan won some major points for not sending Charlotte the video, though I have no doubt this will come out later.

Oh, I think most of those are seen as soaps even by the people who run them but the problem is that, because of the bad humor and the stupid music, they often fail as both soap and comedy. It's just jarring how the tone shifts from funny to dramatic without any of them seeming legitimate most of the time (and I'm saying all this despite loving most of the shows you mentioned!).

According to the creator, after this REVENGE cycle ends, another one will begin, then another, then another. Not sure how they will handle it. Maybe it won't even go on that long! lol

That was such a great little moment. Victoria is such a nasty bitch. But she was also humanized a bit.

LMAO!

It was a pretty amazing move.

A great episode. It is SO enjoyable watching Emily get her revenge. And it's funny that both REVENGE and RINGER had their heroines have a nightmare in which their true identity was revealed. As well as something to do with jewelry that connected them to the past. This is getting more and more twisted and I'm loving it. Declan won some major points for not sending Charlotte the video, though I have no doubt this will come out later.

Oh, I think most of those are seen as soaps even by the people who run them but the problem is that, because of the bad humor and the stupid music, they often fail as both soap and comedy. It's just jarring how the tone shifts from funny to dramatic without any of them seeming legitimate most of the time (and I'm saying all this despite loving most of the shows you mentioned!).

According to the creator, after this REVENGE cycle ends, another one will begin, then another, then another. Not sure how they will handle it. Maybe it won't even go on that long! lol

That was such a great little moment. Victoria is such a nasty bitch. But she was also humanized a bit.

LMAO!

It was a pretty amazing move.

• Members

I'm SO SO glad you guys called out all those "soaps" with their annoying "this is a comedy scene" music. I remember one critic who liked Bros and Sis (at least in the superior early years) but wrote about how he cringed whenever the goofy music would start. It really telegraphs the humour and makes it seem even more cutesy. There's room for these kinds of shows (I have cautious optimism that Good Christian Belles, or GCB as it's now stupidly called, can be what Desperate Housewives briefly was, since it has a decent cast and is from Robert Harling who has had some awful misses, but did write the original play of Steel Magnolias, and the screenplays for SoapDish and First Wives Club), but it did annoy me that for a while the networks seemed scared of having a "played straight" prime time soap not hiding as something else.

• Members

I think we are going to find out that she wasn't always such a bitch, but what happened with Emily's father has turned her into one. I think she's become over protective with her children because they are all she really has left. It was interesting that she threw the expensive necklace into the jewelry box like it was a piece of junk. Maybe a hint that she isn't as materialistic as she seems.

• Administrator

I LOVE THIS SHOW!! I agree that this is a straight out soap opera! Emily is deliciously fun to watch - her planning and commitment is amazing. I love Nolan's reaction when he realized how committed Emily is to getting revenge. Nolan's another character who is fun to watch. He and Emily make a great team. Madeleine Stowe is pretty hot - such a great body!! I never heard of her before watching this show. LOL Christa B. Allen is another hottie! I also like the non-triangle triangle of Daniel/Emily/Jack.

Same here. Instead he sent a very nice/romantic video. I'm glad that secret is being kept for now but it will be fun when that video is shown.

I'm sad to see the ratings fall but I'm not surprised since most serialized shows usually fail on network TV. I just hope we at least get the full season.

• Members

That was AMAZING. I love how nonchalant she is about just ruining people's lives. It's incredible.

I wonder what the deal is with Daniel's roommate. At the senator's party, he pulled Daniel aside and said "We have to talk" or something like that, but we never saw the conversation. Of course, I'm secretly hoping that they went and had some hot Harvard sex.

Are we supposed to like Declan or hate him? He yells too much, and he seems very whiny rich boy-ish considering he's poor. It was sweet that he didn't send the video, and also smart. I'm still confused as to why Adam would have the webcam on 24/7...

Nolan is awesome, and I love how he just goes with whatever flow Emily sets up. He thinks she's batshit crazy, but he's totally game for whatever she wants him to do.