Pan Am: Discussion Thread

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I had high hopes for this show, because the thought of a drama taking place in the past is very appealing to me. Unfortunately, the first episode was pretty boring. Pan Am was not helped by the fact that the show seems to have far too many primary characters.

• Members

A couple of small casting calls for Pan Am:

CASTING #4

PAN AM, Episode 105

Episodic

SONY PICTURES TELEVISION / ABC NETWORK

MAIL PHOTOS TO: JESSICA KELLY

55 Chrystie St., 5th Fl.|New York|NY|10002

[MRS. LAND] Female Mid 30s. ASIAN. This PAN AM personnel recruiter is all business until she

is impressed by Maggie's intelligence and language skills. 4 lines. 1 scene.

[COLLEGE MODEL] 18 female. Pre-college. Smart. Talks to her friend about her future and is

excited to go to college. Please indicate if under 18. 1 scene

• Members

I enjoyed it, as I said in the Playboy Club thread, I found it very stylish and great to look at, but felt there were a few too many plots and characters--and many of them felt a bit too cliche to me. But I'm more than happy to give it a few more weeks--I think it has big potential for a fun soap.

Compared with the other 60s shows, it definitely is better than Playboy and also captures that 60s feel (at least how I imagien it from 60s movies) much better, but it's nowhere near Mad Men's level, and I doubt it reallyw ants to be. IPan Am seems to be more a big nostalgic valentine to the 60s--with none of the social criticism or satire Mad men has (even with the winky "wasn't it awful" scenes of the stewardesses having to be weighed, etc, etc).

• Members

Bros and Sis had become such a mess, I think it was unsalvageable--and I say this as a huge fan of the early seasons--particularly before John Robin Baitz was pushed out of head writer of his own show (stupid ABC). Ironically his new play just opened on Broadway to amazing reviews--and Rachel Griffith is one of the leads (along with Judith Light).

My prob with Pan Am is after three episode,s it still doesn't really have anyone or any story to latch on to. We got the French girl and her nazi issues last week which was kinda interesting, etc, but it's still so fragmented.

Archived