Grimm: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wouldn't call it friendly. They work together and Renard has saved Nick a couple of times. It's more of being on the same side against a bigger baddie. 'Tho honestly, I'd forgotten completely that Renard tried to kill Auntie.

• Members

Now Renard is part of the resistance. RME. The writers fall into the trap of not wanting to let the bad guy stay bad so they are desperately trying to paint him as a good guy. Nick and his crew should be going up against Renard. The whole Renard/Adalind story is so terrible.

[!@#$%^&*], I thought it was going to kill Hank. I am glad he is still alive.

Renard telling the Resistance members that he has a Grimm made me roll my eyes.

• Members

I barely recognized Rosalee with her bangs.

Honestly, I'm lost with this whole "Royal Families" plot. Other than the fact Eric is apparently really dead, I don't know why it's still on. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate Alex Denisof (who I've only seen on HIMYM, so it's a real mind-blower to see him as a straight man)...but it's just somehow not integrated to the rest of the show it seems really foreign. Although apparently, Adalind is going to give birth to this spawn, so maybe that'll help.

I don't know why, but I was underwhelmed by both eppys tonight. Especially after getting a action-packed & game changing Arrow---this felt flat.

• Members

Not surprisingly both episodes got low ratings, 1.2 in the key 18 to 49 demo. I thought they were okay, but feel like the show is not fulfilling its potential because the writers are at a lost with the myth arc. The whole Royals storyline with Renard and Adlind is a mess. I prefer the mysterious Wesen Council. I like Sasha Roiz, but it is time for them to make Renard a full fledge bad guy with the goal of killing him off by the end the next season.

• Members

Friday seems to be up and down for NBC this season.

Most shows are killed by myth arcs. They are always more interesting on paper than onscreen, and they often choke the life out of the show. Shows should be about actor chemistry and interesting characters, not about something we see today because it might be important three years from now, in a random episode, if the show hasn't dropped the story.

I guess I should be happy that my beautiful Alexis Denisof is working again.

• Members

Shark Tank has remained consistently high though.

I think mytharcs work if the writers know what they are from the beginning and carefully map them out over a five year period. I think that Babylon Five had one of the best mytharcs. It drove the show and by the end of the series everything that had happened over the five seasons fell into place and made absolute sense. Grimm is struggling with its mytharc because it is clear that the writers are making it up as they go along.

Now here I go trying to fix yet another show before it is cancelled. While I like that Nick has a girlfriend, he and Juliet have no chemistry, the actress is terrible, and Nick needs some serious angst/torment so they need to sacrifice Juliet. The way to do this and get the most drama is to have Renard be the bad guy that he was originally set up to be because Nick needs a nemesis on screen not some far away royal. Renard should be revealed to be planning to double cross the Resistance, having them kill his family so he can take the throne and then, wipe them out. As a result of Renard's schemes, Juliet is killed in the season finale. Next season should be Nick and his crew plotting with the Wesen Council to destroy Renard and his allies.

• Members

Babylon 5 was the one I had in my head as the exception, but I think TNT's fuckery even caused problems with that.

One of the problems a lot of shows have is that they're sort of ashamed of their first seasons and think they need to run far from it. I wish more shows wouldn't do this, unless their first seasons were abysmal.

• Members

I thought Supernatural had a strong mytharc up to year 5. Regardless, Grimm's mytharc is sending it headlong into disaster, maybe even cancellation. There is a still a chance to limit the damage, but the writers do not see to realize that there is even a problem.

• Members

I don't visit the online Grimm world so I did not even know that Juliette gets fan hate although I guess that I should not be surprised. Usually when a female character is targeted it is for various reasons including the jealousy of female fans so it is difficult to make a generalized comment on if she deserves the hate that she gets. I will say that I started off liking her only to grew to be annoyed by the character. I blame poor writing of the amnesia story and bad acting from the actress in that story. It was just bad tv and a waste of airtime. If this is why some Grimm fans dislike Juliette then I think that is a valid reason. I think that it time to move Nick and his crew in another direction. Hank, Wu, Bud, Monroe, and Rosalee, led by Nick make up a solid Scooby gang but they need something to pull them together and Juliette's death would do that.

Up to two episodes ago, I would have said that Sleepy Hollow has the best current mytharc, but it has gotten sidetracked with Icabod and Katrina's son so I waiting to see if that show goes off the rails sooner than later.

• Members

I think the problem with Juliet is that she just doesn't fit in this show. It doesn't help that the actress is bland and arguably had more chemistry with Renard than Nick...but it just feels like they keep shoe-horning her into the plot with her awesome veterinary knowledge or awesome Spanish skills. If she's just there to intercept emails from Nick's mom and get all bitchy about it---what the hell is the point of having her around?

As for the hate----it can't be worse than the crap I've read about the girl HIMYM brought in to be "the mother". And that started the minute she walked in in the last minute of last season's ender. People are idiots who always think they know better.

• Members

I watched Cold Blooded this morning and the Christmas Eppy with vigilante Santa, and they were pretty good! Cold Blooded was actually really great.

Juliette and Rosalee are so not welcomed that I now cringe at the sight of both. By having Monroe playing house, they've rendered him absolutely useless. But then again, I haven't seen much use for him since the first eppy. He can go because his comic relief adds no value to the show.

Archived