A World Apart

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

She looks younger in some other photos but she definitely doesn't look 17. Of course it's a better fit than a lot of what soaps started doing in the early 90's, where 30 year olds were passed off as teens.

One of those old soap magazines was at a goodbye party thrown for A World Apart and they mentioned that Augusta Dabney had told them Susan was going to be a big star, and they said Augusta was never wrong in these predictions. I guess she wasn't!

Edited by CarlD2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • Members

Variety January 1971

The husband and wife team of Dick and Suzanne Holland, late of ABC* "All My Children," have been signed as the new headwriters of "Apart."

So,Irna and her daughter Katherine lasted a year. I wonder whether they chose to leave or ABC had the power to push them out?

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I remember that promo. I know that it ran during the final episode of Dark Shadows. The actress was the late Kathleen Maguire, who was appearing on the show as the wife of James Noble. She had earlier been on A Flame in the Wind/A Time for Us, and she succeeded Doris Belack in the role of Anna Woleck Craig on One LIfe to Live later in the 1970s. She was one of my favorite soap opera actresses! She also appeared in one of the Flipper movies with Robin Matson.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Members

Anna Minot was the wife of actor Joseph Warren, who played Larry Colby (father of Liza and first husband of Marion) of All My Children.

John Devlin later played Jason Maxwell on All My Children.

Erin Connor was the step-daughter of the late Haila Stoddard (The Secret Storm). Ms.Stoddard was ALMOST hired as a replacement for Ruth Warrick as Phoebe on All My Children.