Jump to content
Key Links: Announcements | Support Desk

OLTL Tribute Thread


Toups

Recommended Posts

  • Members
6 hours ago, MissPalmer said:

Do you remember when Myrtle from AMC appeared in OLTL? I think it was in 1979. Paul Martin appeared too....Any article about it?

Myrtle was on OLTL in 2000 a few times to visit Rae and when Skyle learned Rae was her Mom

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Members

Recently, I was watching some clips on YouTube from the mid/late 1990s. You don't hear him mentioned much with the great OLTL actors, but Bob Krimmer as Andrew may have been the greatest unsung actor the show ever had. I think he made it look too easy and that's why he was overlooked. I loved the Andrew/Cassie relationship and hated the way Kevin Buchanan was shoehorned into their relationship. (Of course, I hated the way Laura Bonarrigo Koffman was let go shortly thereafter, but that's another post for another day.) I think the key to Andrew's character was that he was a man first and a minister second. He was flawed, but we could see why he was so loved and trusted by the Llanview populace.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
1 hour ago, amybrickwallace said:

Recently, I was watching some clips on YouTube from the mid/late 1990s. You don't hear him mentioned much with the great OLTL actors, but Bob Krimmer as Andrew may have been the greatest unsung actor the show ever had. I think he made it look too easy and that's why he was overlooked. I loved the Andrew/Cassie relationship and hated the way Kevin Buchanan was shoehorned into their relationship. (Of course, I hated the way Laura Bonarrigo Koffman was let go shortly thereafter, but that's another post for another day.) I think the key to Andrew's character was that he was a man first and a minister second. He was flawed, but we could see why he was so loved and trusted by the Llanview populace.

I agree 100%. Krimmer was powerful as Andrew, especially in the homophobia storyline in 1992. I can still see him holding his brother William’s quilt panel, and the image of the pages of the Bible fluttering in the wind as a homophobic man pummeled Andrew. Such a powerful story, made so poignant by Krimmer’s performance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
19 minutes ago, robbwolff said:

I agree 100%. Krimmer was powerful as Andrew, especially in the homophobia storyline in 1992. I can still see him holding his brother William’s quilt panel, and the image of the pages of the Bible fluttering in the wind as a homophobic man pummeled Andrew. Such a powerful story, made so poignant by Krimmer’s performance.

Absolutely. Why he never got an Emmy nomination remains a mystery. Andrew dealt with prejudice, an estranged father and church politics - but none of them quite upended his life like one Marty Saybrooke. She truly was his cross to bear for a few years. Still, after all she did to torpedo his reputation, his ministry and his relationship with Cassie, he never for a moment doubted that Marty had been raped and became one of her biggest champions. THAT'S great writing and Krimmer sold it every time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
On 8/9/2021 at 5:15 AM, MissPalmer said:

Do you remember when Myrtle from AMC appeared in OLTL? I think it was in 1979. Paul Martin appeared too....Any article about it?

I'm working my way through the OLTL cast to post.  I have a Myrtle Burke appearing in either 77 or 79 (can't make out my own writing).  I don't have an actress but there is a notation "witness, Vicky"  I think that's the Myrtle mentioned

 

On 8/9/2021 at 11:04 AM, MissPalmer said:

I read this some time ago, and I guessed this Myrtle was the one from AMC:

ONE LIFE TO LIVE: Week of January 22 - January 26, 1979


Karen coerced Beverly into helping find Marco’s real murderer.  Samantha looked swell after her bandages were removed.  Someone impersonated Niki, because Viki was with Paul Martin when landlady Myrtle reported that Niki had paid her rent money at the same time.  Tony and Paul Kendall reconciled their differences at Brian’s grave.  Brad lost big bucks at the racetrack with Gwen.  Lynn fretted about being called as a prosecution witness.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members
Posted (edited)

Question for  1970's viewers @vetsoapfan and @danfling and anyone else that may be able to help.

 

In 1977 there's a character named Gus MacDonald, a plumber.  He sticks around through at least 1978 per the Artax audios on youtube.  I recall around 1981 or 82 there is a character named Gus that is married to Minna Thompson, Katrina Karr and Karen Wolek's  ex hooker friend.   Did Dan Lauria play both Gus characters, or are they one character, and he appeared straight through?

Please register in order to view this content

 

 

Edited by slick jones
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
1 hour ago, slick jones said:

Question for  1970's viewers @vetsoapfan and @danfling and anyone else that may be able to help.

 

In 1977 there's a character named Gus MacDonald, a plumber.  He sticks around through at least 1978 per the Artax audios on youtube.  I recall around 1981 or 82 there is a character named Gus that is married to Minna Thompson, Katrina Karr and Karen Wolek's  ex hooker friend.   Did Dan Lauria play both Gus characters, or are they one character, and he appeared straight through?

Please register in order to view this content

 

 

I have (very vague) memories of him on the show, but don't remember specific details, and he's not in my 1970s' soap scrapbook archives, alas. Sorry to be so useless, LOL!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
On 8/10/2021 at 7:48 PM, amybrickwallace said:

Recently, I was watching some clips on YouTube from the mid/late 1990s. You don't hear him mentioned much with the great OLTL actors, but Bob Krimmer as Andrew may have been the greatest unsung actor the show ever had. I think he made it look too easy and that's why he was overlooked. I loved the Andrew/Cassie relationship and hated the way Kevin Buchanan was shoehorned into their relationship. (Of course, I hated the way Laura Bonarrigo Koffman was let go shortly thereafter, but that's another post for another day.) I think the key to Andrew's character was that he was a man first and a minister second. He was flawed, but we could see why he was so loved and trusted by the Llanview populace.

Andrew was basically Malone's alter ego, IMO. No one wrote him as well and few understood him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

People can someone please help me here with memory? 

Who Played Vicki, Cathy Craig and Dorian, all the actresses?

For Vicki I know Gillian and Erika

Dorrie Kavanaugh was Cathy I think

Dorian was played by Nancy Pickerton and Robin Strasser who else?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Dorian:

Nancy Pinkerton

Dixie Carter (maternity leave temp for Pinkerton)

Claire Malis

Ellen Barber (temp)

Robin Strasser

Elaine Princi

Robin Strasser

 

Viki:

Gillian Spencer

Joanne Dorian

Erika Slezak

Christine Jones (temp)

Judith Barcroft (temp)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy