OLTL Tribute Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Fiona hasn't aged a day. Andrea and Ilene are discussing Roscoe Born and Phil Carey.

LOL I didn't know Ilene would go join the Buchanan men on their infamous 'acting coach' drinking lunches when she was first on the show (as Georgina Whitman in the '80s). Fiona loved working with PC but said working with him after lunch was "flying solo".

Tonja Walker: "[Guest star] Elaine Stritch scared the living bejesus out of me." I had no idea Ann Reinking came on during the Mortimer Bern story!

Wow, Ilene is talking Sylvia Miles. I remember her brief stint as Roxy's gorgon mother.

Edited by Vee

• Members

That was the first full interview I watched for Locher and after a rough beginning it was enjoyable. Tina and Gabrielle are my ultimate faves so I was most excited for them. I wish they had focused more on story points and less on Tonja's social media/politics talk. 

I had no idea that the random scene of Tina being admired by the natives of the falls actually consisted of...natives of the falls. I dont know if they actually dressed like that or what but I was shocked and that was a cool behind the scenes story. 

• Members

Yes -- the reunion went off the rails a bit here and Locher knew it...

Locher should really stop asking what "everyone's been up to during quarantine."  It's just a waste of time, leads nowhere and prevents the actors from talking about their roles / storylines.  

The AMC reunions on EW.com have avoided these types of questions, sticking to JUST the show...and they have been much better and tighter because of it.  

• Members

I did love the Paul R stories, plus how soap filming has changed from the early days...and all the fun stories from Fiona and Andrea during the Argentina remote.

I wish Tonja was asked about how her character went from a competent FBI agent,to loon, to mob queen, to Mrs Buchanan, etc...and how she handled playing those various changes (michael fairman did an interview with Kimberlin about Sheila Carter..and it was detailed and interesting to me).

• Members

It probably helps that, besides Vincent's, they've been edited.  But I agree.  Even the Ladies of Loving reunion, which had a *bit* of that at the start, was much tighter and show-centric.

Wow!  Lots of work put into that.  Funny enough, I just found a SOD which voted OLTL as worst show of 1989.

• Members

1989 is one of my favorite years I have watched outside of "my era" and it just seems so fun with Eterna, the baby switch, the crown jewels, Tina and Cord wrestling convicts in an arena, the baby switch, Megan/Ruby, etc. I only found the B stories and cast boring but I guess the show was gettinf absurd. 

Can you share what SOD called them out on?

• Members

The part about the production values is what stands out most, as that criticism would follow Rauch around for years. I do agree with them about the stalling, but in clip form it's easier to tolerate because of the performers. I'm not sure how fans felt while watching live. 

• Members

Didn't Rauch remodel Llanfair multiple times? Did he just take things to far? 

I guess a lot of 1989 was filler but I still enjoyed it for what it was. We know RC was a big fan of the 80s and has the same problem today on DAYS (and when he was at OLTL) of basically filler and then climax.