OLTL Tribute Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Thank you Victoria foxton and Forever 8 for these clips / episodes. The amount of psychological depth and emotion in these scenes is overwhelming and truly makes me miss this show more than ever 

• Members

Thank you again, this is absolutely amazing!! I’m hooked all over again lol.

It also makes me wish Gordon Russell was still alive so I could ask what “his” intentions were for creating the character of Tina. Was it to create trouble for Joe and Viki or did he have other thoughts?? And would you know if this was the first time Irene Manning was ever mentioned, or had she been seen / mentioned before?

Again, many thanks for these clips

• Members

Does anyone know how long Judith Light had been portraying Karen when these scenes originally aired?

IMO, the scenes served two purposes: 1) to help the audience see Karen as more than just Jenny's wayward sister and Larry's shallow wife; and 2) to establish a bond between Karen and Viki that's going to pay off down the road when Karen basically sacrifices herself on the witness stand to clear her newfound friend's name of murder.

Obviously, Tina's arrival will tie in with Marco Dane's "murder," giving Viki a motive for wanting to kill the bastard.  However, I, too, have wondered if Russell originally intended for Tina to serve as a troublesome, surrogate teenage daughter for Joe and Viki, since their marriage was pretty solid, Kevin was still an infant and Joey hadn't yet been conceived (AFAIK).

Edited by Khan

• Members

I would imagine that was the case. Other shows would SORAS any child in sight but Kevin was too young for that.

AMC introduced Tad so the Martins could have a teen child when needed, Brooke to give Pheobe someone young too meddle with.

AW had Alice adopt Sally, SFT gave Jo a teenage ward with Bruce, EON the Marceaus adopted Pheobe.

GH gave Lesley the backstory with Laura.

The Bauers took on Peggy

OLTL had already had the Halls adopt Josh, although he seemed to be dropped later on. Maybe a black young adult was too problematic as he could not lead story.

• Members

Speaking of old OLTL, I see that the Clint Viki love story videos, which had tons and tons of material (featuring them as well as many others in Llanview) from the late '70s to the early '90s, are now gone. That channel also had "other lives" type videos with stories of other characters. I wish I'd saved them.