Toups

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Thank you Victoria foxton and Forever 8 for these clips / episodes. The amount of psychological depth and emotion in these scenes is overwhelming and truly makes me miss this show more than ever 

• Members
44 minutes ago, oltl1 said:

Thank you Victoria foxton and Forever 8 for these clips / episodes. The amount of psychological depth and emotion in these scenes is overwhelming and truly makes me miss this show more than ever 

From 1978 Tina arrives in LLianview. Viki sees Karen with one of her John's. 

• Members
8 hours ago, victoria foxton said:

From 1978 Tina arrives in LLianview. Viki sees Karen with one of her John's. 

Thank you again, this is absolutely amazing!! I’m hooked all over again lol.

It also makes me wish Gordon Russell was still alive so I could ask what “his” intentions were for creating the character of Tina. Was it to create trouble for Joe and Viki or did he have other thoughts?? And would you know if this was the first time Irene Manning was ever mentioned, or had she been seen / mentioned before?

Again, many thanks for these clips

• Members
15 hours ago, Forever8 said:

Does anyone know how long Judith Light had been portraying Karen when these scenes originally aired?

IMO, the scenes served two purposes: 1) to help the audience see Karen as more than just Jenny's wayward sister and Larry's shallow wife; and 2) to establish a bond between Karen and Viki that's going to pay off down the road when Karen basically sacrifices herself on the witness stand to clear her newfound friend's name of murder.

1 hour ago, oltl1 said:

It also makes me wish Gordon Russell was still alive so I could ask what “his” intentions were for creating the character of Tina. Was it to create trouble for Joe and Viki or did he have other thoughts??

Obviously, Tina's arrival will tie in with Marco Dane's "murder," giving Viki a motive for wanting to kill the bastard.  However, I, too, have wondered if Russell originally intended for Tina to serve as a troublesome, surrogate teenage daughter for Joe and Viki, since their marriage was pretty solid, Kevin was still an infant and Joey hadn't yet been conceived (AFAIK).

Edited by Khan

• Members
44 minutes ago, Khan said:

I, too, have wondered if Russell originally intended for Tina to serve as a troublesome, surrogate teenage daughter for Joe and Viki

I would imagine that was the case. Other shows would SORAS any child in sight but Kevin was too young for that.

AMC introduced Tad so the Martins could have a teen child when needed, Brooke to give Pheobe someone young too meddle with.

AW had Alice adopt Sally, SFT gave Jo a teenage ward with Bruce, EON the Marceaus adopted Pheobe.

GH gave Lesley the backstory with Laura.

The Bauers took on Peggy

OLTL had already had the Halls adopt Josh, although he seemed to be dropped later on. Maybe a black young adult was too problematic as he could not lead story.

• Members

Speaking of old OLTL, I see that the Clint Viki love story videos, which had tons and tons of material (featuring them as well as many others in Llanview) from the late '70s to the early '90s, are now gone. That channel also had "other lives" type videos with stories of other characters. I wish I'd saved them.

• Members
50 minutes ago, DRW50 said:

Speaking of old OLTL, I see that the Clint Viki love story videos, which had tons and tons of material (featuring them as well as many others in Llanview) from the late '70s to the early '90s, are now gone. That channel also had "other lives" type videos with stories of other characters. I wish I'd saved them.

That's a real shame. That channel was around for years. 

• Members
10 hours ago, oltl1 said:

IMDb has Judith starting in mid November, 1977 and I believe this episode is from late spring 1978, so I would guess about 6 months

Thanks, @oltl1

Please register in order to view this content

• Members
7 minutes ago, Khan said:

Thanks, @oltl1

Please register in order to view this content

My pleasure, it’s nice to reminisce about this great show. I only wish we had more material to view from the sixties and seventies