OLTL Tribute Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

A friend sent me a youtube video of Uta Hagen's acting class. I looked her up and I found she had been nominated for supporting actress for her work on OLTL. I don't remember ever reading about her on the show. Was it a significant role, or was it just a guess role that got a nomination?

• Members

Here's an old photo I scanned - it's from her OLTL role, presumably. Some in the industry were clearly not happy she got a nomination, or just with her in general, as there are repeated digs at her as well as one article I remember expressing delight that Leann Hunley had won instead.

• Members

It was a very minor guest role, and frankly, she was dreadful. She just did not seem comfortable on-screen at all, and kept getting stuck on her lines and (very obviously) reading the teleprompter. Farley Granger had done this too, so I was shocked and aghast when both Hagen and Granger ended up with Emmy nominations. It was clearly based on name recognition. Thank heavens neither of them ended up winning. What a slap in the face that would have been to all the wonderful performers who never even got nominated in the first place.

• Members

No, I was referring to when he was signed for his long-term contract on OLTL in the mid-1970s. He did not appear to be well-suited to the genre at all. That's why I was so surprised when he moved over to ATWT and did not exhibit the same flubbing of dialogue and reading from the teleprompter.