Jump to content


Toups

OLTL Tribute Thread

Recommended Posts

I got around to watching Judith Light’s Hollywood Walk of Fame ceremony last night. She received her Star in September of last year. Anyway, Brynn Thayer was in attendance and Judith called her a sister in real life as well. I know they’ve remained close since their time on OLTL, but it was a sweet moment.

 

Karen is one of those characters I’m glad never returned. She’ll always be remembered for her one epic stint (even though Light didn’t originate the role) that was never tarnished by a crappy return or bad recast after her original run. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, BetterForgotten said:

I got around to watching Judith Light’s Hollywood Walk of Fame ceremony last night. She received her Star in September of last year. Anyway, Brynn Thayer was in attendance and Judith called her a sister in real life as well. I know they’ve remained close since their time on OLTL, but it was a sweet moment.

 

Karen is one of those characters I’m glad never returned. She’ll always be remembered for her one epic stint (even though Light didn’t originate the role) that was never tarnished by a crappy return or bad recast after her original run. 

 

I agree. It still annoys me that some tried to shame her for not wanting to return for what would have likely been a lousy cameo propping up a Cartini pet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/3/2020 at 6:11 AM, DRW50 said:

 

I agree. It still annoys me that some tried to shame her for not wanting to return for what would have likely been a lousy cameo propping up a Cartini pet. 

If the rumor I heard was Correct, Terri Conn's character ended up being, Katrina Karr's daughter that Karen & Marco gave to Jenny & that Katrina got back in 1983. 

Karen was supposed to return with her hubby Herb Callison & have scenes with Terri Conn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ohhh, Courtney and Strasser in a sparring match! Those two had extraordinary chemistry, and I loved watching them on both AW and OLTL.

 

Whoever made the bone-headed and inexplicable decision to drop Courtney from OLTL, citing "lack of storyline for the actress," made an egregious error...particularly considering she was just at the beginning of a MAJOR storyline that would have pitted Pat and Dorian against each other on a regular basis.🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know he didn't arrive until a bit later, but I always assumed they fired Courtney in preparation of bringing on Paul Rauch to produce the show. 

 

Someone mentioned there was a hilarious hospital brawl between Dorian (Strasser) and Karen (Light). I've always wanted to see that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/7/2020 at 7:24 PM, vetsoapfan said:

Ohhh, Courtney and Strasser in a sparring match! Those two had extraordinary chemistry, and I loved watching them on both AW and OLTL.

 

Whoever made the bone-headed and inexplicable decision to drop Courtney from OLTL, citing "lack of storyline for the actress," made an egregious error...particularly considering she was just at the beginning of a MAJOR storyline that would have pitted Pat and Dorian against each other on a regular basis.🙄

That was Paul Rauch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, John said:

That was Paul Rauch

 

Rauch did not become executive producer of OLTL until a while after Courtney was dropped, but I have always wondered if ABC planning on hiring him at the time, so they decided to axe Courtney while paving the way for his arrival.

15 minutes ago, BetterForgotten said:

I know he didn't arrive until a bit later, but I always assumed they fired Courtney in preparation of bringing on Paul Rauch to produce the show. 

 

Someone mentioned there was a hilarious hospital brawl between Dorian (Strasser) and Karen (Light). I've always wanted to see that. 

 

Yes, that was my suspicion too: ABC fired JC for Rauch. Vomit.

 

And the brawl between Dorian and Karen took place in Larry's office, where Karen found Dorian changing the locks of Larry's door, in preparation to kick him out of the hospital. Karen whupped her ass, LOL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"One Life to Live"/July 12, 1990. Hard to believe this was almost 30 yrs ago.It's nice to see Brenda, Father Tony and the original Andy. Who OLTL didn't know what to do with. I even have a newfound nostalgia. For the awful Badderly island story.

Edited by victoria foxton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...