Toups

OLTL Tribute Thread

4 minutes ago, YurSoakinginit said:

Great casting, Khan! She was one of the top considered for recast B&B's Taylor back in 02 when they couldn't reach an agreement with Tylo. 

Wow. I had no idea. I don't think she was enough of a glamourpuss for that role or show.

Yeah, I would have picked the girl who played DAYS' Megan Hathaway or Holly Gagnier before Lisa Peluso for Taylor.

Edited by Khan

Just now, Vee said:

Wow. I had no idea. I don't think she was enough of a glamourpuss for that role or show.

I think it's really more a negotiation tactic. Just like with AW & JB, when they start leaking names of other actresses, suddenly everything resolves... BTW, there was a rumor, totally unfounded, that they were going to ask Lisa Rinna to step in, lol... 

Just now, YurSoakinginit said:

BTW, there was a rumor, totally unfounded, that they were going to ask Lisa Rinna to step in, lol... 

LOL!

27 minutes ago, YurSoakinginit said:

Great casting, Khan! She was one of the top considered for recast B&B's Taylor back in 02 when they couldn't reach an agreement with Tylo. Of course, it blew over and Tylo came back... which I was kind of bummed about. I would have loved to see her take on that.

I can't even see her in that role. Thankfully, she got AW's Lila, which I felt was a great fit for her.

19 hours ago, victoria foxton said:

One Life To Live (July 26, 1993)

One Life To Live- August 2, 1984 (partial)                                                   

One Life To Live (March 20, 1989)

Awe I loved Bo and Sarah. Mark Arnold is FINE 😎

9 hours ago, Vee said:

Lisa Peluso was always so game on any show no matter how big or in this case pointless the role. She did so many shows. She was a lifer too, a child actress I believe, and she had to fill big, big shoes taking over a key Erica Kane analog role as Ava on Agnes' Loving. It's hard to replace Roya Megnot, let alone the larger shadow of Lucci and Erica. But she was great on every show. I guess she's entirely retired to real estate now but she'd make a good short term villain on GH or something.

You can't take your eyes off her. I'm surprised Rauch let her get away - then again she isn't a blonde. 

Is it me or is there a big difference in tone between the late '87 and early '89 videos?

It was a little hard to watch the 1993 episode because I kept thinking of all the wasted potential with Angela, with breaking up Rachel and Kevin and firing the wonderful Kirk Geiger, but I appreciated getting to see more of Carol Swift. Her scene with Nora was very powerful. (Nora's meltdown at the end didn't quite work for me but I got the idea) And I always enjoy seeing more of Christopher Cousins and Karen Witter. They had such a spark and their performances were always strong. 

6 hours ago, DRW50 said:

Is it me or is there a big difference in tone between the late '87 and early '89 videos?

When did S. Michael Schnessel succeed Peggy O'Shea as HW?  Maybe that had something to do with the changes in tone.