OLTL Tribute Thread

• Members

Martin Charnin, husband of actress Shelly Burch (Delilah Garretson) passed away..

Martin Charnin (November 24, 1934 – July 7, 2019) was an American lyricist, writer, and theatre director. Charnin's best-known work is as conceiver, director and lyricist of the musical Annie.

Ms. Burch appeared in the original Broadway production of Annie prior to appearing on One Life to Live..

Edited by danfling

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Actor Robert Milli has passed away.  He created the role of Dr. Jim Craig.  He had worked with both Agnes Nixon and Doris Quinlan on Another World.

He also appeared on Love Is a Many Splendored Thing, The Guiding Light (replacing Robert Gerringer), and All My Children.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Members

Henry Mackler from April-May 2007

He was a geeky kid who had the hots for Brittany (Portia Reiners) but she used him for grades and disgaurded him

Henry was supposed to shoot up Llanview High but that was changed due to RL events. It was changed that he stole the drivers ed car with Starr, Brit & Cole inside. He had a heart attck from taking speed, crashed the car & died

• Members

@Vee did you see this one?

Watching that it's time for me to say again that Chris McKenna was absolutely wonderful as Joey, effortless at comedy and drama and very believable with the other Buchanan actors (the chemistry between the Buchanan kids was a highlight of the early '90s). They made a huge mistake firing him. 

Nice to see early Jason. 

The stuff with Asa, Viki, Renee and Clint is just sour and difficult to slog through. 

I didn't realize Tony was still on the show at this time. Did he have an exit?

Edited by DRW50

• Members

I don't think anyone at OLTL gave a damn about Joey by about the last year Nathan was in the role, but I do think if they'd invested in Chris he would have been a real asset to them for years to come (if he had wanted to stay). 

Of course even if they had, JFP would have fired him because he wasn't tall enough...but still, at least there would have been some good material rather than what ended up happening (Nathan having one really good story [with Dorian] and then a lot of dross before leaving). 

• Members

Yeah from watching Youtube, I like Chris the best then Nathan & Tom Degnan. Don Jeffcoat was good too. Bruce Michael Hall was the worst & that damn Thornbirds rip-off. Losing Kelly would not make him a priest. I still say Joey's best relationship outside of Dorian , was Alana in 1992 during The Billy Douglas story

Edited by John

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

Poor Tom Degnan.  Not only did he not get anything meaningful to do on OLTL, but when he was on ATWT, he was saddled with one of the most ruined characters (Adam Munson) in that show's history.  If I were him, I would never accept another job in daytime.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Really hope the reboot rumors are true because OLTL was the best! When would you all consider the last great era for OLTL? I liked the 70s, 92-96, and 01-02 especially. 1996 was the cut off point for prime quality OLTL for me. I will say that the Tomlin era had great momentum with Live Week, Todd/Blair, Norah & Lindsay, moreover though  Ron C/ Frank V years really eroded the show's quality, OLTL managed  stay action packed right up till the 2012 finalie.