OLTL Tribute Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I am not sure that this was at the same time, but Mary Murray Gordon was returned as Becky Lee #2.   The storyline was obviously cut short.  The way that they were writing Becky Lee was not at all consistent with the way she had appeared on the show earlier.

As I recall, Drew was calling someone when he first returned and saying that everything was going as planned.   I assumed later that he had been calling his mother.

• Members

IIRC the Becky Lee return was originally in '96 or '97 with Victor Browne in the role. Per Michael Malone's plans before he was let go, Drew and Rachel were going to fall in love and Becky Lee was going to turn out to be a bigot against their relationship. This was thankfully kiboshed, but they did turn her into some sort of schemer.

The Samuel Ball Drew was later on, and I don't think JFP ever was invested in him. So she killed him off to create sweeps drama.

• Members

Robert S Woods was great with the aftermath of Drews Death but that also led to Nora/Sam & her Divorce from Bo

Yeah she wanted to scam money from Bo because he was a deadbeat to Drew or something

• Members

I do remember both Victor Browne and then Sam Ball playing the role of Drew.  I stand corrected about which actor was calling someone and seemed to I(at first) in cahoots with the person. 

I very well remember the return of Drew as played by Victor Browne.  Drew was seen in an airport by Cassie (by then played by the wonderful Laura B. Kauffman).

I guess that Cassue (who had married Kevin after he had broken up from Rachel and a few other female characters) was to match was to match Rachel and her almost-became step-son while she and she was paired with Kevin.

• Members

That whole Becky Lee return was weird.  The sweet Becky Lee we remembered was replaced by a money hungry schemer.  I remember it was very unpopular with both viewers and critics and Mary Gordon Murray, who had signed a contract, was let go I believe after her first 13 week cycle.  And I don't think anyone was sorry to see that version of the character go.

• Members

The discussion about Drew always reminds me that one of the things that I appreciated about the finale was the full-circle moment of Bo talking to Matthew about impending fatherhood.  He remarked upon his fears when he found out that Beckie Lee was having his son.  I really liked those parallels of how Bo's family thought he wasn't ready for fatherhood just as Matthew's family had reservations about his maturity for paternity (which were more reasonable given Matthew's age and recent coma).  It was a clever twist to use Bo's perception of his own history rather than what the audience on-screen saw at the time.  It erased the predatory nature of Asa and explained why Bo had a different relationship with Matthew than he had with Drew.  

Edited by j swift

• Members

I missed this from Nora's last GH stint - start of the clip, Nora explains Matthew and Destiny are engaged. (It also seems to be implied that Dani is Nora's paralegal, but a last name and gender aren't mentioned so I'm not buying it. The law is not Dani's scene IMO)

Nora also mentions "the Clyde Tuggle case" - as in Billy Clyde Tuggle from AMC.