OLTL Tribute Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Good for Nancy Pinkerton, trying to get equal pay, she was Times Up-ing it about 40 years too early for her time.  As for George Reinholt, he was not team player.  He had to actually release a statement to say that he hadn't signed the other statement in order for the press to know, (I doubt the press was cross-referencing signatures on their own). 

What stories were going on at the time that concerned the cast?

Edited by j swift

• Members

Thanks for posting these. I never had read this before. Very interesting indeed.

I wonder if Jacquie Courtney was on a similar pay scale to Rienholt? Somehow I doubt it, but I guess in those times she didn't expect to be...

Wish a few other casts had banded together to protest about the state of their shows at various times.

• Members

Spain! In August 1986, one of our channels broadcast only 130 OLTL episodes from 1980-1981....and this is the first soap opera I have ever seen...and I loved all the stories...Marco and Edwina's wedding, Christmas 1980, Herb and Dorian's wedding...When the episodes ended, no one knew that OLTL was a soap and that it had thousand of episodes...a lot of years later...I discovered that OLTL had many episodes and it was on a daily basis in US...

• Members

Randomly watching bits of episodes from the BELOVED Jill Farren Phelps era of OLTL, and specifically the 8 month period between Pam Long and McTavish's HW stints when there was no credited HW, these writing credits caught me by surprise by a number of names listed--including one person who I had always thought had just been an uncredited consultant for a brief period... 

• Members

Also how come so many names (with Lemay getting an "and" credit) get the first grouping, then the break down writers and script writers.  Does the WGA make it so that everyone who contributes to the longterm story has to get that first credit?  (The people I was surprised to see were Lemay--as I thought he was a silent consultant--Gillian Spencer who i had no idea was ever on the OLTL team and Tom King)