OLTL Tribute Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I have now watched all of Ellen Holly's interview, and I'm in awe. It is daytime's — and viewers' — loss that this remarkable woman and actress was not on OLTL and/or another soap up until the very last episode, but it's pretty clear the industry didn't deserve her in the first place. And just about every step forward that any of these shows has taken since then in terms of diversity or social relevance was ultimately wiped away, just like Carla's legacy on OLTL.

I'm so glad Holly is alive and well (and clearly still well-versed in the details of everything that happened to her) so that she could say her peace and have it captured for posterity. The Rauch stuff is of course the most outrageous; while much of it has been printed before, it was still powerful to get to see and hear her tell her story in her own words. But the parts about Agnes Nixon and other sometime-allies were most revealing. There was clearly a ton of blame to go around, and a lot to chew on for white people such as myself who like to tell ourselves we try to do better. I will be thinking about EH's words for a long time to come.

• Members

Thanks for finding that. 

I loved Marco's lines about Llanview (the small town with a big city crime rate). I wonder if Gerald Anthony ad-libbed that. 

Who was the man with Cassie and who was the guy trying to get Dorian to push him with Cassie? Was that guy supposed to be a creep? 

The guy with Cassie was Dan Wolek. At time Dan was a newspaper reporter. The blonde guy with Dorian was Simon Warfield who was part of the San Carlos story.  Simon was the son of the President of San Carlos. The story was about a quarter billion dollars worth of jewels which had been stolen from the government of San Carlos. I'm pretty sure this episode takes place right after the conclusion of that story. 

I didn't expect to see Joy and Connie O'Neil in this episode.
I always thought the Corrington's created the O'Neil clan.
This episode had to have been written by Hall & Slesar.  I love Marco's witty lines too. Dan was 
SORAS too much.

Edited by victoria foxton

• Members

According to the Wikipedia, the O'Neill family (all except Pete) was introduced by Sam Hall and Peggy O'Shea.

Pete was introduced solely by Peggy O'Shea.

Mr. and Mrs. Corrington were there for such a short time, I am not sure if they introduced any character (except maybe Alex Crown/Coronel and Rob).

• Members

So interesting that you mentioned that because while I watched the OLTL 2.0 a few years ago, I couldn't help but wonder what it would've been like if the show had brought in a family for Jeffrey King (Corbin Bleu) and I though of Ellen Holly reprising her role as his grandmother, with Victoria Rowell, playing the mother.  

I invented an entire storyline in my head and honestly, I've only seen clips and read about EH's character on OLTL.

It would've been fab, imo.

• Members

On All My Children introduced Opal's biracial child, the father was shown.   I was hoping that the mother or the grandmother would be shown and Ellen Holly would play his relative.

She could have also played the grandmother of Reggie who comes to Pine Valley to milk the Montgomery family for money.

I have no idea who Lillie Belle Barber is.