OLTL Tribute Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I never even thought about going in that direction, but that's so smart! Hank is exactly who i had in mind...except for his little mid life crises in the 1990's when he and Bo bought motorcycles. The prominant D.A and the proper Victoria Lord together. I like it.

But if we couldn't get Hank, what do you think about bringing Bobby Blue back. Blair Underwood is still very good looking. By now Bobby could be a lawyer or someone important.

• Members

It's time to bring this back - Troy and Lindsay doin' it during the Storm of Change, February 2003. Malone and Griffith's first full week back, a week or two before things really began to go off the rails.

This marked the end of Gary Tomlin's dreadful Troy and Nora pairing, which he had believed would be audience wish fulfillment for the fans of a real pairing of Ty Treadway and Hillary Smith - in the end, no one bought Troy as being any less crazy than twin brother Colin, and Ty had proven to have much more chemistry with Cat Hickland, which led to Troy falling into a twisted, hateful and very hot affair with nemesis Lindsay, which culminated with this. "Take what you came for!" Then Nora walks in on a scene which you probably couldn't show on daytime today, done entirely with some deft editing.

The show became very atmospheric and dark very, very quickly around this period, with Frank Valentini taking over as EP and experimenting (very effectively, at the time) with lighting and music. Valentini and Griffith were both into using real, edgy music on the show, and back then they could still afford to use stuff like Tori Amos and Elvis Costello, which plays in the first clip. Raw, visceral, contemporary and morally complicated, the show finally resembled the show I'd started watching as a kid - for a few weeks, and then things got very schizoid and ridiculous for the next two years before descending into sheer hell with Dena Higley.