OLTL Tribute Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Yep they absolutely did.  Usually I think they looked different enough, but...

I never knew why he was dropped--or did the character leave?  I liked his interactions with Wanda

Thanks so much for these!  A month or so into the Gottlieb/Malone era...  I didn't start watching till whenever the gay story started in 1992, and haven't seen much from this time (I did see on FB some of the short term spousal abuse story with Craig Wasson

• Members

I just watched episode 4 of the online series. Actually I felt this was the best-written episode so far. It incorporated so many of the things that made OLTL a great soap.

Plenty of time for the vets. Key relationships in the spotlight (Viki vs. Dorian, Todd & Blair, Tea & Victor Jr). I also liked the subplot with Rama and her Indian husband Vimal who is back from his travels. These are all people who cannot function without one another. The best acting is probably on display in the scenes with Roger Howarth. He and Kassie De Paiva work so well together; he really hasn't had this kind of magic with any of this leading ladies on GH.

The episode also had some sex, with Tea and Victor Jr getting all passionate at the beginning, when they returned home from the hospital. We see the tattoo on his arm and he starts acting strange. So there's a bit of mystery going on. And he goes mad at the end tearing up a stuffed giraffe in the nursery, which is recorded on video. There's a very good scene in the middle of the episode where Tea goes over the loss of their child, which I thought captured the true pathos in their relationship quite well. It's too bad we couldn't have seen some clips from the GH episodes where Todd had delivered the baby and switched it.

Dorian & David are almost like a vaudeville comedy team. A lot of silly dialogue usually delivered by David in a screwball sort of way. Dorian over exaggerating and over dramatizing every little tragedy that comes her way. These two really are hilarious. The best line was when David wanted to whisk Dorian off to some island so she could rub suntan lotion all over him.

Viki and Jeffrey's scenes seem alright. It's a bit cute how he calls her boss all the time, but she seems to have warmed up to him a bit too fast. She only just hired him and he should still be proving himself as an employee. Viki's office set is truly magnificent, better than any previous Banner set on the ABC version of the show.

Cutter had reduced screen time in this episode, which was a good thing. He was over exposed in the first few episodes. It was nice to see the focus on the others for a change.

In the closing credits, there are 18 regular cast members listed. Rama's husband is listed with the recurring cast and day players, meaning he probably won't drive much story.

The sets are painstakingly detailed. I've just freeze-framed a shot in Tea's home. In this one shot we have 15 different items on the living room shelves, not to mention a collection of books. The kitchen counter off to the side has a toaster, coffee pot, set of cups and creamer. Everything is geometrically positioned. It's almost like the characters are walking through a painting.

• Members

How many of Marco's siblings were introduced to Llandview?

I know he had a twin Mario, but I get confused about Marcello (Stephen Schnetzer) and Gary (Jeff Fehey)?  Which one was with Edwina and which one dated Cassie?  Were they both killed off?

Edited by j swift

• Members

Marco had two brothers, Mario the doctor murdered in Marco's place, and Gary.  Their cousin (second, once removed or however it works) was Alex Crown (Alessandro Coronal). Alex's son was Rob Coronal  that married Cassie and Lady Joanna (Roma Downey).

Marcello Salta was a boarder at Ina Hopkins Boardinghouse. He dated Katrina Karr.

Edwina was involved with both Marco and Gary.

Edited by slick jones

• Members

A question as to dates that I need for my grad paper and can't nail down--does anyone have the dates, even months, that the homophobia storyline played out on OLTL?  Even just down to appearances by Billy Douglas.  I know it was over several months during the Summer of 1992 (and that Billy showed up once more the following year for AIDS day *rolls eyes*)

• Members

WHich was basically the end of the story (I think they had a bit more with Billy and Ricky his bf, etc but then it faded away--his dad never even "came around"--I found one interview that said Malone had a story with them going on a double date with Joey and a girl but for whatever reason it never happened)  Thanks!