• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

That's because it was the 4th episode that was broadcast here 

Please register in order to view this content

Apparently, the package consisted of 357 episodes, starting with #3083 and probably ending with #3444 (if they didn't skip some episodes in-between – that did happen to other US soaps).

The 1st episode was shown on January 2nd, 1989, on Pro7 (the network's logo can be seen in the video above). After 100 episodes, Pro7 cancelled the show on May 19th, 1989. The remaining episodes – that probably already had been dubbed in the late 80s – were then shown on a pay-tv station between 1997 and 2000. And then they wondered why nobody tuned in... imagine watching "brand new" episodes that were in reality almost 20 years old.

They actually gave every episode a title, just like a primetime show.

• Members

Interesting! So if the first episode shown in Germany is 3083(are you sure?)...that episode number 4 is 3086...According to an Oltl script ep 3081 is 30th July 1980....then episode 3086 is 6th August 1980.

In Spain, they broadcast the same first 130 episodes from August 1980- February 1981 in 1986. But they only broadcast these 130 episodes...

I guess in all the European markets they broadcast the same episodes...

And by the way, have you got more episodes in German of these years? Thank you!

Edited by Goldensoaps

• Members

I'm re-reading early '80 OLTL history from the anniversary book (got it for $1 on Amazon).  I never realized that Larry Wolek was a real "Perils of Pauline" character during that period.  From 1981 -1984 he was kidnapped every summer (and held mostly shirtless) in various jungles and basements.  Ivan Kipling and Rachel Wilson (his obsessed former client) tortured him and tied him down every time the temperature turned warm in LLandview.

Edited by j swift

• Members

In 1991 there is a sudden shift in many of the stories that summer including the sudden departures of Stephanie Hesser and the Medina family (Gabrielle's mother and sister who never fit with her origin story; but I digress).  Does anyone recall the backstage changes that lead to this sudden shift?

• Members

Yes.

Other than Paul Marquess gutting Hollyoaks I think this is the most blatant producer change I've ever seen on a soap. I don't think she threw out episodes, the way Gloria Monty apparently did when she took over GH, but you can feel a change in everything almost overnight.

• Members

When Linda Gottlieb came aboard she cleaned house and I do mean CLEANED HOUSE.  She quickly dispatched a dozen or more actors.  Some characters, like Hunter and Andy got a brief exit story but I don't remember others like Rafe and Brenda getting a proper exit at all.

• Members

By the time Rauch's reign of terror on OLTL was over, the show needed extensive and immediate major surgery, so I am glad it happened so quickly.

In my recollection, the only other times that soaps changed so drastically, so quickly, were when Gloria Monty came aboard GH and changed...almost everything right away, and when Gail Kobe and Pamela Long took over TGL, and destroyed its core within a year or so.