OLTL Tribute Thread

• Members

As much as people lament that the mid to late 80s veered away from the original concept...I do admit that I liked the near death experience arc, the wild west arc, and even the underground city arc.

In a way, the show was about diversity and presenting ideas not always popular....a lot of people believe in near death experiences...and the time travel theor has always been around...and haven't we all wondered what it would be like to live undergeound.  Shame they didn't feature anyone living in the city...a character isolated from modern day society...would have truly been a harken to the shows roots..imho

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I have no problem with sci-fi/fantasy storytelling; in fact, I often love it, when it is presented in the appropriate place. For me, however, daytime dramas are not that forum. Soaps have always worked best (and became and remained successful for decades) by telling multi-generational stories based upon interpersonal relationships, and remaining grounded in a semblance of reality. They do not have the time, the space, or the budget to do sci-fi effectively, and often the writing is so terrible that it ends up comprising all the characters involved. How am I supposed to empathize with Marlena Evans, or take her seriously again, knowing she's been possessed by the devil, LOL?

On the other hand, if a show is created TO BE based on supernatural or fantasy themes, go wild.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

LHOTH certainly had its grisly and horrific moments, but it never went full-out sci-fi. There were "faith-based" moments, like when Laura ran away to the mountains after her baby brother died, and it was suggested that God helped reunite her with Charles, but nothing overtly impossible. Mary did not take a space ship to the future to cure her blindness, LOL.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Hi

I am from the UK and I was wondering if anyone could help me with a OLTL query?

One of my favourite actors, George Chakiris (West Side Story) was a guest star in this during 1984 but unfortunately that's all I know.

Does anyone know anything about what character he played, his storylines or how many episodes he was in or when in the year they were aired at all?

Any help would be greatly appreciated and many thanks.

Have a good day!