OLTL Tribute Thread

• Members

I was watching earlier, and the sight of them chucking those bundles of papers on that loading dock tripped me out.  It's an oddly refreshing glimpse of blue collar reality, away from the flash of the offices.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Yeah, I believe the first episode was Carlsen (or at least still officially his work on paper) and the second is apparently Malone.

Every source I've ever seen claims Gottlieb started a month or two prior to this, but who knows on the credits. She created Jason Webb for that actor, I know that much.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Thanks

Was Weil EP long most places Ive seen dont even give her any credit

I wish OLTL had not killed off Beth Garvey in 1994. She was good with Jason plus MB was leaving anyway so they should have left town

Plus Beth is River's bio Mom that could have been utilized for story over the year

Also Beth didnt like Todd, she was scared of him

There were rumors that Todd was River's Dad but I dont remember if OLTL ever fully addressed who was the bio dad

I loved Tonja Walker as Olivia Jerome. But Alex was so bland and underdeveloped. Alex only became entertaining when she got fatal attraction on Bo. I was surprised when Gottieb/Malone brought her back. Gottieb/Malone did a great job redefining Alex.  l liked Stephanie she had so much potential. A shame she was written out. How i miss the days when soaps had a budget and would go on location all the time.

I'm pretty sure this was Rauch/Carlson. Malone/Gottieb's run was right around the corner. 

Edited by victoria foxton

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

As a lifelong resident of the Cleveland area, I recognized that set right away from the thumbnail. That's the late, lamented Morning Exchange. It was a local morning talk show which aired on WEWS Channel 5 (Cleveland's ABC affiliate) from 1972-1999. Lee Jordan, who is interviewing Mr. Palance here, is still on Channel 5 to this day - as weekday co-anchor of the 6 and 11 pm news.

• 2 weeks later...