OLTL Tribute Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Yes, Frank had been there a year when Michael Storm was dropped.

And I still hate how JDP got shafted. And Max still had friends like Cord, Tina, and Renee he could have visited in 2011/2012 when the show was leaving ABC; he didn't need to have a big return story or anything. 

I know Gary Tomlin got Larry involved a bit when Blair was pregnant with Jack. He seemed to at least care a little about Larry's existence.

And sigh, Jim & Fiona. I miss them so much.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Again, Mike Storm's rare appearances were equivalent to that of the Yeti well before 2003-04. I hate what happened to the Woleks and there are plenty of legitimate things to hammer Frank Valentini on over the years, but Larry was reduced to a bit part long before he got there. I remember being shocked and pleased when Larry had a substantial role in Viki's heart transplant story in '04.

• Members

MissLlanviewPA, I think that Gary Tomlin was one of the best executive producers that this show had.  I don't think that he should have been replaced when he was.   There was one thing that I disliked about his time producing the show - I did not like the animation.   However, I know that a lot of viewers did, and I could accept it.

• Members

I enjoyed some of his work (and would have taken him over those two hacks at the end) but he gave the show a similar tone to Days/Passions at the time which I hated. Endless, repetitive scenes, lots of dream sequences, a ton of non-starters where we'd think a secret had been spilled but it actually hadn't. And they treated Todd making Blair think her baby was dead like some colossal joke. It was disgusting.

The show handing the show over to Todd in the last 20 years was one of the worst decisions they ever made. I didn't understand it, both the actors playing him got clearly sick of playing him after a while and they didn't hide it very well either.

• Members

The show also became extremely dark in his last months and I don't know if he realized it or had any control over what he was doing. Unfortunately this just careened further out of control under Valentini and Griffith/Malone and helped wreck what should have been a decent return.

• Members

Plus, Gary Tomlin, in tandem with HWs Lorraine Broderick and Christopher Whitesell, convoluted the hell out of the Jessica/Natalie kidnapping and baby switch, probably because the audience was onto their original intent with that story from the get.

Edited by Khan