OLTL Tribute Thread

• Members

A few people in the comments section have been giving out some history about Tom's ultimate fate (apparently Marcy's gambling debts led her to be tied to the mob, which ended in Tom dying to protect some girl from a mobster - he died in Victor's arms). It's a fascinating read. 

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Just checked that, thanks! They had a good memory too, reminds me of the days we had saynotoursoap. 

Watching some 1988 episodes, did anyone know that Sarah and Gabrielle were initially quite good friends? 

I will say as ludicrous as this era was (in a months time span Melinda was given electro-shock therapy, Tina posed as a nun and befriended a "giant" named Picollini, Clint is in 1888 and a so called magician has his magic potion and Viki meets with an Indian Chief, Clear Eyes) it never seemed out of the realm.of possibility because the writing and acting was there and the stakes came back to the characters' loved ones/family. 

• Members

Haven't listened to it but apparently Erika Slezak did an interview with a podcast.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/brandonsbuzz/2016/10/13/an-exclusive-conversation-with-emmy-winning-soap-legend-erika-slezak---pt-2

I just realized I linked to Part 2, there's probably a Part 1 somewhere on the page if you look.

• Members

re: Erika Slezak interview-- I am not surprised that Prospect Park didn't have any money and just spending frivolously. I wish that they would've brought up the Ellen Holly situation b/c I would've been interested to hear her situation on that. I know that EH said once she was mad that ES (or any of the actors) didn't speak on her behalf when Rauch came in and practically got rid of the Hall/Gray clan. 

• Members

Regarding the Sarah & Gabrielle friendship above:

Now THAT is fascinating to me. That's clearly stuff of Gabby I haven't really seen as much of, because we KNOW how she felt about Megan for awhile, at least until after the latter and Max finally broke up. The scene in 1990 after Max is shot--where the two are holding vigil at his hospital bed--is really nice.