OLTL Tribute Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Someone uploaded a chunk of Karen/Larry footage from what must be some time in 1981. I put it in the Videobash section. It's so nice to get to see more of Karen! I also don't understand why the show gave up on Larry as a leading man.

This is also the first time I've seen this Anna Wolek (I think it's Phyllis Behar). Kind of drab.

• Members

Did Joann Dorian ever play any major stories with Vicki? I know for a while after Gillian left it seemed Vicki was backburnered (though I believe very very early in Erika's run she had the whole gaslighting storyline with Francesca James as Marcie).

In the OLTL tribute magazine Erika seems to imply she tried hard to get Larry back for the finale--I wonder if they ever considered it. I guess he was just seen as eventually too much of a nice guy, and was aging, to be leading man, but really they shouldhave worked harder to move him into more a patriarch position then.

• Members

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXrkYzgf95s&feature=related

Megan and Max share memories in the hospital as she's dying of Lupus. You can tell here how much Gabrielle's betrayal (cheating on him during their marriage) hurt him, and of course he's trying to deny that he loved her by saying he was "addicted to her."

He really didn't mention her much when she was in prison, did he? The Max & Megan stuff, I'll admit, is pretty good, but not to take away from another intelligent blonde or anything wink.pngtongue.pnglaugh.png , but I just don't know if I can let myself enjoy their scenes more over Max/Gabby's TOO much!

• Members

I'd never seen that. Thanks for finding it. So he dropped OLTL in 1990...another fan who seemed to be driven away by that year.

Actually Jessica wasn't really "aged rapidly" at all, compared to other characters. That's one of the only kind things I can say about the show's treatment of that character.

• Members

It came up when I was looking for an opera singer with the last name Valentini actually... Very random.

And yeah--I can totally see why a number of people, especially who had been sucked in by the Rauch era, fled in 1990, as we've discussed. Of course he also says he started watching in school and it sounds like, like many, he stopped when school and college were done and work started.

• Members

He said he stopped because of Andrea Evans leaving and then repeatedly said he asked for her to be brought back in 2008. I hope he enjoyed her 2011 return more than that 2008...thing.

It seems like OLTL had little going for it anywhere in 1990, and if you weren't a specific fan of say, Gabrielle, Bo, Viki, or Megan, then you probably weren't going to watch.