Announcement: New Memberships Suspended

AMC Tribute Thread

Toups

• Members
1 hour ago, amybrickwallace said:

In a way, you could say the same about Kelly Ripa. 

Definitely true with her. Debbi Morgan. Eva La Rue. Josh Duhamel. Amanda Seyfried to a much lesser extent.

Michael Nader, John Callahan ... David Canary ... (RIP) lots of actors and actresses who had fame back in the day when fame meant people actually knew you and you were a household name ... it's all likely helped keep the show relevant.

And I think it helps too that the show isn't seen as 'tarnished'. Even though we had some YIKES years ... it's legacy is pretty good. It's such a special show. Thank you Agnes Nixon.

Edited by KMan101

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members
2 hours ago, amybrickwallace said:

I know Agnes came back to the writing staff of AMC several times. She never did that with OLTL or Loving, did she? (Though I know she was always credited as a story consultant in all the soaps she created.)

I don't believe she ever wrote for OLTL again after her initial run as HW, but she did two stints on Loving, taking over for two years after Doug Marland left in 1985, and then returning from the fall of 1993 until the fall of 1994.

• Members
7 hours ago, Kane said:

I don't believe she ever wrote for OLTL again after her initial run as HW, but she did two stints on Loving, taking over for two years after Doug Marland left in 1985, and then returning from the fall of 1993 until the fall of 1994.

I stand corrected! Thank you.

• Members
On 9/23/2021 at 2:47 PM, KMan101 said:

Definitely true with her. Debbi Morgan. Eva La Rue. Josh Duhamel. Amanda Seyfried to a much lesser extent.

Michael Nader, John Callahan ... David Canary ... (RIP) lots of actors and actresses who had fame back in the day when fame meant people actually knew you and you were a household name ... it's all likely helped keep the show relevant.

And I think it helps too that the show isn't seen as 'tarnished'. Even though we had some YIKES years ... it's legacy is pretty good. It's such a special show. Thank you Agnes Nixon.

I agree this helps some.

On 9/23/2021 at 10:58 AM, amybrickwallace said:

Plus, AMC above all the others was clearly Agnes Nixon's baby. The extra love and care she put into it went a long way.

Agreed!!!

On 9/23/2021 at 1:35 PM, All My Shadows said:

Lovely conversation to have on this, the tenth anniversary of the ABC finale. So many emotions that day! I miss this show more than words can ever say. 

Missing the show ain't even the word for me lol. I have not let go! I think about this show every damn day!

• Members
19 minutes ago, vetsoapfan said:

That idea may have been floated/flirted with in the show's early days, but TPTB must have changed their minds. I don't remember  Mona having a drinking problem. Anyone else?

I never heard anything about that. Maybe it was a proposed story idea that never got past the planning stage.

• Members
3 minutes ago, amybrickwallace said:

I never heard anything about that. Maybe it was a proposed story idea that never got past the planning stage.

Sometimes, when characters are initially introduced, they are given some scenes and material that suggests one thing, but it ends up getting dropped or changed without explanation.