Jump to content
Key Links: Announcements | Support Desk

AMC Tribute Thread


Toups

Recommended Posts

  • Members

I already let my feelings known in the recast thread. So i'm happy  to see CBL get her respects. The only crime is that she didn't get to play out Bianca's older storylines. Even though, i was more riveted by her flashbacks to rape during a confrontation with Ricky than i was with Eden's.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Members
3 hours ago, DemetriKane said:

You know it's the truth.

Viola Davis Dancing GIF by ABC Network

Yes.

While I feel Susan Lucci is a better actress than most people give her credit for, the quest to get her an Emmy sometimes prevented more worthy actresses of obtaining nominations - particularly Kate Collins, IMO.

Kate should’ve been nominated for her work in 1987-1988 (and WON, IMO), as well as nominated for her work in 1991-1992.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
12 minutes ago, Pine Charles said:

While I feel Susan Lucci is a better actress than most people give her credit for

She has definitely had really strong moments and her overall characterization over decades is to be commended (she built a really recognizable coherent compelling character over decades which I think is  a skill of soap actors that is not celebrated as much as "good acting in a specific storyline") BUT she is not a 21-Emmy-nomination-good actress.
Even accounting for her longevity the fact she is the MOST Daytime Emmy nominated actress with almost double the runner-up (Kim Zimmer with 11) is ridiculous and undoubtedly due to the storyline around her not winning.
But she still definitely deserved a chunk of those.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

@Pine Charles I absolutely agree with that. Susan is really great at what she does. She's more than decent with great comedic timing. I'm a fan.  It's just such a shame Kate Collins was never awarded for her work on this show. She carried this show in 1991-92 and was practically responsible for ushering in a new generation of viewers. As for 1987-88,  Kate was the real star imho. She had the character, the storyline, and the BEST romance on the show. Ross and Natalie chemistry burned the screen, it wasn't wise making him rape her.

Edited by DemetriKane
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
8 minutes ago, DemetriKane said:

@Pine Charles I absolutely agree with that. Susan is really great at what she does. She's more than decent with great comedic timing. I'm a fan.  It's just such a shame Kate Collins was never awarded for her work on this show. She carried this show in 1991-92 and was practically responsible for using in a new generation of viewers. As for 1987-88,  Kate was the real star imho. She had the character, the storyline, and the BEST romance on the show. Ross and Natalie chemistry burned the screen, it wasn't wise making him rape her.

 

Kate Collins never got her due. She is fabulous and absolutely carried those years. The Ross/Natalie rape was one of those "on paper this could be good" but it really wasn't. It killed Ross as a character and then Natalie was stuck in Trevor hell

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
5 hours ago, DemetriKane said:

Ross and Natalie chemistry burned the screen, it wasn't wise making him rape her.

They really did. I was watching some early 1987 episodes a few months ago and, even knowing how their story ends, I was completely captivated by Ross and Natalie. Before their affair actually starts he thinks she's been sleeping with Adam and there's a scene where he grabs her and says, "Why are you going to bed with him? Why are you going to bed with Adam?" and then kisses her and it. is. scorching. Wasting that kind of chemistry on a rape storyline makes no sense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
4 hours ago, Kane said:

They really did. I was watching some early 1987 episodes a few months ago and, even knowing how their story ends, I was completely captivated by Ross and Natalie. Before their affair actually starts he thinks she's been sleeping with Adam and there's a scene where he grabs her and says, "Why are you going to bed with him? Why are you going to bed with Adam?" and then kisses her and it. is. scorching. Wasting that kind of chemistry on a rape storyline makes no sense.

High Five to all of this. Scorching is the perfect word to describe their chemistry. I loved the way he just stares at her when she walks into a room. The way she looks at him when he grabs her omg! Supercouple in the making.

Five Heartbeats Daddy GIF

Edited by DemetriKane
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
On 9/8/2021 at 6:02 PM, DemetriKane said:

I already let my feelings known in the recast thread. So i'm happy  to see CBL get her respects. The only crime is that she didn't get to play out Bianca's older storylines. Even though, i was more riveted by her flashbacks to rape during a confrontation with Ricky than i was with Eden's.

 What this?

12 hours ago, Kane said:

They really did. I was watching some early 1987 episodes a few months ago and, even knowing how their story ends, I was completely captivated by Ross and Natalie. Before their affair actually starts he thinks she's been sleeping with Adam and there's a scene where he grabs her and says, "Why are you going to bed with him? Why are you going to bed with Adam?" and then kisses her and it. is. scorching. Wasting that kind of chemistry on a rape storyline makes no sense.

Wow where did you find it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Community Activity

    1. 34,290

      Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

    2. 10,659

      Y&R: Old Articles

    3. 136

      General Hospital October 2021 Discussion Thread

    4. 188

      Unpopular opinions: cancelled soaps edition

    5. 2,248

      Search For Tomorrow Discussion Thread

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy