AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

@LeClerc Wow! I believe this to be true. It lines up with what Cameron said in his interview, without really saying it. Smh, the backstage politics win again. All those idiots played a part into ruining my show and getting it cancelled! 

@FrenchBug82 @John I’m ok with the way AMC ended. It was always the unconventional soap anyway, happy endings are lame and unrealistic imo. 

Edited by DemetriKane

• Members

I don't think happy endings is what I would have preferred necessarily. 
But there are PLENTY of ways to let the show on a "The Story continues..." note while still providing some closure, some sense of where character is ending up at the time the show ends and some level of satisfaction. It does not have to be a happy ending or even "ending" route. Just a sense of finality for the current chapter of these characters' lives.
I could have even been OK with the JR cliffhanger. It is just that the AMC network finale left a LOT of other threads dangling and didn't really offer much in terms of definitive answer - because they were leaving the door open for PP.
The characters that DID get a satisfying ending - Brooke and Adam come to mind - are characters they knew they wouldn't bring back. Admittedly their was a happy ending but otherwise I didn't leave a sense of where each character story would be going once the show ended, which is not satisfying.

• Members

@FrenchBug82 well that’s certainly fair and You’re right, more could have been done for certain characters I.E. Kendall and Tad (career wise). It would have been nice to see someone boarding a train to start their next chapter. Lorraine tied up things nicely with what she had, centerpiece of the grand finale about Erica/Brooke/JR were all genius to me. 

• Members

This lines up with an old interview I read with Cameron. He said after the Ryan/Hayley storyline was aborted, he never got the same amount of airtime again during his first run on the show. I do remember one of the magazines at the time said there were rumors someone BTS didn't care for her, but they didn't name names. Jean Passanante seem to brush off in an interview about the idea of reuniting them (Ryan/Gillian) when asked about it around the time of Ryan/Hayley. 

What I remember reading at the time was that Cameron was the one that proposed they bring back Gillian as a ghost for Ryan like they had brought Leo for Greenlee. Originally they told him no, but decided last minute to add her. Cameron talked about it in a facebook post at the time we were lucky to get her at all.

Edited by ghfan89

• Members

I believe it was Jill Larson who said the original finale was Six Feet Under-ish and provided a glimpse into the characters' futures. 

I wonder if the montage at the beginning of the episode where you see the births of various characters, and then those characters having kids of their own etc, was actually at the end of the original finale, and after showing the past and the present it would have moved into the future. 

• Members

Great find!!

The host is incredibly irritating, though.

Anyway, I thought I’d share these photos from the wedding of Kate Collins & Charles Newell (renowned Chicago theatre director & producer) in October 1992:

Please register in order to view this content

Current:

Edited by Pine Charles