AMC Tribute Thread

• Members

I don’t remember seeing his exit, but I believe he betrayed Erica (yet again) by doing some business dealing with Natalie and he slinked out of town.

Albert Stratton was charming and handsome and bore some resemblance to Mark LaMura, but even as a child I didn’t feel that he was right for the role. Maybe someone more like James Farentino. Robin Strasser has talked about how when they finally introduced Gerald Davis on AW, the visual of Walther Matthews in the role struck a chord as we finally saw where Rachel got her dark coloring and features. I think I expected something similar for Erica and Mark’s dad.

I wonder if Eric and Erica ever had scenes where they mentioned Goldie and Silver.

And yes, they killed Eric off off-screen. I believe he died in Vegas and that was somehow related to Erica relapsing and masquerading as a showgirl. It was revealed that Erica was not merely raped by Richard Fields, but Eric had a hand in it, he “sold” his daughter to Richard to get Richard to appear in one of Eric’s movies. This stuff is getting foggy in my brain, someone feel free to correct me.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I wish Wisner had spilled the tea regarding Megan McTavish.

She definitely has a reputation for being stubborn/difficult.... but I wanted DETAILS.

Wisner is classy, of course.

Anyhow, I, too, had a hard time understanding the cohost (his voice kept breaking up).

I did feel bad for him, though.

Oh, and the Lynn Carson (Daytime’s first OUT character, correct??) story played  - and ended - in 1983.

So they were quite off when they mentioned “25 or 27 years ago.”

I read somewhere that the show was going to have the character be a gay male, but decided to make the character a lesbian because Dynasty had a gay male character (Steven) at the time.

That could just be an untrue rumor, however.

Having Devon develop a crush on Lynn seemed quite random, and, as Wisner stated, it’s unfortunate the writing wasn’t better. 
Still, it was a gutsy move considering the time period.

• Members

I’m always left disappointed or underwhelmed when any of these soap fans interview talent from AMC, they never feel like real fans of the show imo. I just got done listening to a Cameron Mathison interview with the same podcast.

-He mentioned Alicia Minshew and Kelly Ripa are also apart of the E! Special. 

-He claims to not know much about Pine valley pilot. Ask the host what did they know.

-Of course talked about Greenpea/Rebecca.

-He spoke a little about him being told Esta was being let go, and they asked him not to say anything.

Please register in order to view this content

That didn’t sit right with me at all! I need to know how that decision was made cause I’m sure she was in the top 5 most popular on the show at the time of her death!

-He discussed his time working Marcy Walker/Liza. A storyline I loved (He did too!) and rooted for, I liked them together and it felt right for both characters to move forward. 

• Members

Wait I thought Esta Quit and then wanted to stay but they said no, so she left and they ended Gillian in Heaven earlier than planned. 

I seriously think  Pine Valley is gonna be the Hayley & Mataeo Show if its greenlit

Edited by John

• Members

That’s all still possible. Cameron said he wasn’t sure if she wanted to go or not. He was just told a bit before her. He was sad they did that to her. It’s still messed up imo either way. That’s very unprofessional! My mind is racing with thoughts about this situation LOL.

https://anchor.fm/the-chatpodcast

Edited by DemetriKane

• Members

I remember that Ghost Gillian story. It went on for awhile and I wasn't sure where they intended to go with it at first given that she was getting a lot of airtime for a woman who had been shot in the head and was braindead.

The entire storyline where Gillian is murdered by a reality TV show producer who is actually an assassin was part of a period with Passanante that was the nadir of AMC for me, apart from early 2003 where Rayfield/Cascio were doing Frons' bidding and turning the show into something completely unrecognizable. Everything about "IncredibleDreams.com", that reality show, Alex's spy underworld, etc. was so embarrassingly stupid.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Esta was let go because either Angela Shapiro or Felicia Behr didn't like her. Not sure which -- the reporting at the time was just that an ABC Daytime exec didn't like her. And TPTB were hoping that killing Gillian would help convince Cameron, who was complaining a lot at the time about his lack of airtime and making noise about leaving, to re-sign. He only extended for six months. 

• Members

To this day I don't know WTF happened with Esta and Gillian in the final months of the network show. Her return, like all the others, was heavily hyped and promoted. But in the final air shows, Esta appears for maybe 90 seconds, maybe a little more, maybe a little less and has a max of maybe three to five lines. She appears considerably less than any of the other undead or ghost characters who returned that summer in 2011. It looked to me a lot like they'd cut huge swaths of any material she shot - like Josh Duhamel, where I believe Leo was supposed to actually be alive and reunite with Greenlee in the original plan which supposedly may have actually been filmed, until Prospect Park first stepped in, they thought they were going online right then and didn't want to write permanent happy endings for Greenlee or Ryan with other people to write them out bc they didn't know if Budig and Cameron would sign onto the new show. So then Leo's appearance became a dream and they cut the rest of his material. I've long wondered if that is what happened with Esta/Gillian and Ryan as well.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I continue to say that while I understand why everyone was happy the shows were going to live in some form, AMC in particular and OLTL would have been better off being done on network TV so that they could give it a proper ending. 
Not only did PP not work out but creatively, the things they prevented the shows to do as they went off the air and some of the creative choices about what happened to certain characters that weren't going to appear were bad and upsetting and I'd rather they never had happened.