AMC Tribute Thread

• Members

Plus in 2011 when he canned AMC & OLTL and brought in The Chew & The Revolution,  ABC had ordered 15 potential pilots for their afternoon slots. Frons didnt care about AMC/OLTL and even GH

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I am more... nonplussed by the people they are "reuniting". I mean JR on one hand, Maria on the other and Greenlee/Ryan on the third never had much to do with each other on the show. How much of a "reunion" is it if it is people who rarely had airtime together? If you want to use  Greenlee/Ryan bring me Alicia Minshew for instance. Heck, bring at least Melissa Claire Egan to be the two-degree of separation between Greenlee/Ryan and JR.

• Members

@FrenchBug82 I definitely feel you on that. Maybe they’re reuniting anyone who was on the show. All of the characters have been on the show at the same time and cross paths before but it would make more sense to reunite people who shared storylines. 

I’m not mad at “All my children”getting this prime time level press. I did think Who did Jr shoot? Was a clever ending and probably helps keeps the show fresh in our minds. Just not sure why they keep acting like the reboot didn’t happen. 

if I’m doing a reunion I’m reuniting fake silver Kane and Erica Kane, the entire 80s teen set including Alfred and Amanda, etc.

Edited by DemetriKane

• Members

I don't think it's a reunion for them to sit and talk about their specific storylines as much as it's all of these people with a shared experience (all of whom were on the show with at least half of the others) coming together to discuss the legacy of a show that made them all famous and that they all remain very connected to.

• Members

Yeah that's definitely what it is but it is going to lack the emotional resonance of the other reunions where it is people who are not just there to talk about a show but have actually worked closely, loved, bonded with each other for many years.

Not criticizing the fact it exists; I'll eat up any soap content. But it feels like a mish-mash random list rather than one that makes sense if you watched the show.

• Members

I think the E! reunion came together like this:

"Who from the All My Children cast lives in LA?" and "Jacob is in town? Ok, let's book him too."

Yes, I agree it's a random group of people, but I'm sure they made it work.