AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

A few rumors I've read going through old usenet archives, was that McTavish and Behr were at odds who to put Edmund with. McTavish wanted to eventually put Edmund and Brooke together, but Behr pointed out that fans were responding to Edmund and Maria more.

The other was that part of the reason McTavish was fired in 1995 was due to creative differences. There was a quote from McTavish where she seemed to the think Noah/Taylor and Julia/Anton were gonna be the big pairings, and Noah and Julia as best friends like Jesse and Jenny. Noah and Julia as a romance didn't really kick off until after she left. 

Many were surprised they show choose to kept Trevor over Natalie when the rumor was the actors didn't get along and they had to choose one. I kept that in mind rewatching some of these 1991 shows, and after the Adam story wrapped, Natalie was basically wallpaper. The story seemed about Trevor with new family members Arlene and Hayley showing up. He seemed to be the one getting more airtime and focus. It's too bad because I preferred Natalie by a long shot, but they really diluted her character, especially once Janet came on the scene. The whole thing was more from Janet's perspective.

• Members

I liked early Natalie, who wasn't very nice, a lot more. 
I used to be so irritated when people would talk about her after her death, particularly when trying to guilt Janet, as saintly. She was nice by the end but she certainly wasn't a "gem" - which is how I liked her. It often irritates me how shows think complicated ambitious women have to be defanged to be likeable and viable long-term.

• Members

Thank you for this. This is the first I heard of that! I guess I do like McTavish after all, I agree with her on all those couples. Noah and Julia is the one couple from this show I just couldn’t get into. Btw, Julia should’ve stayed a bad girl. 

Okay let’s say the majority wanted Edmund with Maria. I still think putting him with Brooke was the better story beat to play. Agnes said make them wait............

@Pine Charlesi have always resented Maria. Eva was a decent enough actress, gorgeous, and the character had a well done introduction. But the leading lady treatment almost from the beginning was a turn off for me. It wasn’t earned. I did like her though. 

@All My Shadowsyes, I’m all game for a bill bell style pine valley. But Amc worked best with a mixture of slow and fast storylines. Some of these “should haves” come from the a lot of lost moments from it being too fast paced even in the 80s.

@FrenchBug82I’m not sure when I was just taking a guess.

Edited by cassistan

• Members

You mean Erica being an accomplice in Janet’s initial plot to impersonate Natalie and thereby stealing her life, as a form of “revenge” for their tumultuous past??

Or do you mean Erica just giving Janet a makeover to appear more glamorous??

Erica did help Janet with her makeup and hair (giving her a scarf to cover up the unwashed texture and dark roots) during her trial in late ‘91.

Edited by Pine Charles

• Members

Aahh!!

That makes sense - and would’ve been delicious, I agree!!

Yeah, besides those actually living at the mansion (+Brian, since he was Hayley’s boyfriend), Janet really didn’t interact with too many people in Pine Valley (besides Adam) pre-well.

Edited by Pine Charles

• Members

Come help us celebrate the life of the incredibly talented and visionary writer, producer and creator of the ABC Daytime soap operas ALL MY CHILDREN, LOVING and ONE LIFE TO LIVE; Agnes Nixon in The Locher Room live on Wednesday, March 31st at 3 p.m. EST / 12 p.m. PST. Helping to honor Agnes will be her son Robert Nixon along with a list of actors who benefited from the unforgettable characters Agnes created on her shows. Joining Robert will be Daytime Emmy Award-winning actors Susan Lucci (Erica Kane), Erika Slezak (Vicky Lord), Peter Bergman (Dr. Cliff Warner), Debbi Morgan (Angie Baxter-Hubbard) and Darnell Williams (Jesse Hubbard). We will also hear from one of All My Children’s biggest fans, Carol Burnett. Bob Iger, Disney chairman and CEO, said it best, "“Agnes’ impact on daytime television and pop culture is undeniable. She was the first to champion socially relevant topics, and the towns and characters Agnes brought to life leave an indelible imprint on television that will be remembered forever.” Throughout her career Agnes Nixon won five Writers’ Guild of America Awards, five Daytime Emmy Awards, a Lifetime Achievement Award from the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences in 2010 and was inducted into Soap Opera Weekly’s Soap Opera Hall of Fame. 

• Members

Jesus CHRIST -

I just happened upon GH by accident - and who do I see??

None other than our own MICHAEL E. KNIGHT!!

He looks so good with the facial hair  (like a sexy DILF).

And his skin looks perfectly smooth. 

He looks years younger and healthier than he did on AMC in the 2000s!!

I’m delightfully FLABBERGASTED!!

(Meanwhile, ex-Nico, Maurice Benard, looks like HELL.)

Edited by Pine Charles